Skip to content

when can we download?

johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi there,

when can we who pre=ordered the game download it? I hope not on the day itself because traffic will be dramatic.

Comments

• BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    @johnnydgood
    i predict that we can download it 2 days after the game is released.

but yeah, lots of topics about this, we'll have to see what happens. I wonder if trent and overhaul bit off more then they could chew?
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    Maybe they should use torrents. I wouldn't like my download to stop at 90% because the servers crashed...
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    Bjjorick said:

@johnnydgood
    download it 2 days after the game is released.

Post-loading? I don't like the sound of that.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited September 2012
    Brrrr....@Bjorick Please abandon this cheretic prediction, we will be doomed!:/
    @johnnydgood It was said that a week before the release, so any time soon.
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234

Maybe they should use torrents. I wouldn't like my download to stop at 90% because the servers crashed...

I believe beamdog's client allows you to download through P2P in addition to their servers, just need to change the settings to allow it.
    edited September 2012
    CCarluNN said:

Bjjorick said:

@johnnydgood
    download it 2 days after the game is released.

Post-loading? I don't like the sound of that.
    oooh, pre means before? i always get the two confused, i wondered why they said it like it was a good thing.

OOC (i guess): sorry if it seems like i'm trolling, i haven't had a day off since hurricane 2 or 3 weeks ago, and just found out tonight that working weekend again, but just me and 2 others instead of the whole company.....*sighs* sucks to be good at what you do
  • johnnydgoodjohnnydgood Member Posts: 38
    Khamill said:

That would be today. I hope you're right.
  • MatteoTuriniMatteoTurini Member Posts: 105
    ekster said:

I believe beamdog's client allows you to download through P2P in addition to their servers, just need to change the settings to allow it.

Yep, there's a box to check in the settings for P2P (it's not the default behaviour).
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59

Khamill said:

That would be today. I hope you're right.
    It would? A week before the release? Game's out on the 18th. It's now the 13th where I am. Where in the world (or beyond) are you for it to still be the 11th there ;)
  • eksterekster Member Posts: 234
    I'm sure sure it's still the 12th over here... unless someone has been playing around with timestop spells. :p
    it's been the 13th in the philippines for awhile, which explains why my wife is always so far ahead of me.....

forgot the point of this post, oh well, back to megaman x
    Oh my, is it that time already? Come on give me the download!!!
  • CCarluNNCCarluNN Member Posts: 200
    It's better to have an early pre-load followed by minor fixes/patches after release day, than to have both pre-load and release day downloads squeezed through the bottleneck of an overloaded server.

But maybe the server can handle them all at once, who knows. But why take the risk?
    Since diablo 3 I have no trust in a trustworthy server.....
  • LekianLekian Member Posts: 108
    Trent Oster´s last Tweet an hour ago says "PC build is currently 3 GB"

From what I gather if they are already speaking about size we may be very close to pre-downloads.

I would not expect pre-orders to receive downloads any later than Friday, If so I will be a bit disappointed. Pre-downloads were one of the few advantages of pre-purchasing.

I personally have no intention of installing the client so I am awaiting the email with the link I was promised with my Billing Receipt.