Skip to content

Items specific to the new Enhanced Edition NPC (Spoilers!)

argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,439
For one of my mods I've started to compile a list of items you can get when you take any of the new Enhanced Edition NPCs into your party. While the number of items in BG:EE is rather manageable you are literally showered with them in BG2:EE. I have already dismissed several items that are available by other means.

My own runs with any of these NPCs were long time ago and I can't remember every detail about them anymore. Is this list complete or does it contain items you can't acquire without cheating?

Let's start with Dorn:
[spoiler=Item list]- Rancor +1
- Silver Dragon Scales (2x)
- Holy Long Sword of Tyr +3
- Rod of Shadowstep
- Potion of Clairvoyance
- Abyssal Blade
- Silver Apple
- The Visage
- Wand of Glitterdust
- The Brass Blade +5 (not available in the game)
[/spoiler]

Hexxat's list of items is actually rather short compared to the other NPCs (unless I'm missing something):
[spoiler=Item list]- Ring of Anti-Venom
- Worn Whispers (boots)
- The Jade Fang (dagger)
[/spoiler]

Neera's items:
[spoiler=Item list]- Neera's Staff +1
- Adoy's Belt
- Charname's Tankard
- Robe of Invocation
- Thayan Circlet
- The Brick +2
- Tunic of Blindeye
- Shield of Fyrus Khal +2
- Wild Sling +1
- Wand of Whips
- Robe of Goodman Hayes
- Collar Bell
- Green Dragon Potion
[/spoiler]

Rasaad seems to be the most generous NPC regarding items:
[spoiler=Item list]- Moonlight Walkers
- Ox-Tail Belt
- Brooch of the Vagrant Blades
- Belt of Minor Invulnerability
- Ring of Duplication
- Hojar's Fame +1
- Lupine Sling +2
- Cowl of the Stars
- Hawksight +2
- Cloak of Unerring Strikes
- Night Walkers
- Gauntlets of Aln Zekk
- Cloak of Atonement
- Cloak of the Dark Moon
- Eyes of the Beholder
- Headband of the Devout
- Gem of Seeing
- Sun Soulbeam (not available in the game?)
[/spoiler]
Post edited by argent77 on

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    argent77 said:

- The Brass Blade +5 (is this one actually used?)

I believe this is not actually available anywhere. If it was, it'd be the best weapon in the game by a fair margin, its damage is ABSURD.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,439
    Yeah, it's indeed a great weapon. Not only the raw damage output is impressive, but also the high amount of elemental damage which goes right through any stoneskins. And since this is a bastard sword, you can actually dual-wield it with Foebane or Crom Faeyr to become a juggernaut of destruction.
    argent77 said:

dual-wield it with Foebane or Crom Faeyr

If you don't use it with a +APR weapon, you don't deserve it!
    That's what the Gauntlets of Extraordinary Specialization are for. ;)
    Dorn can apparently be rewarded with "The Visage" under certain circumstances. There is also a Wand of Glitterdust you can get in the Resurrection Gorge. Although both items are directly linked to Dorn and his quests.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Doesn't Neera's quest give a robe with permanent Chaos Shield? I think it's called the Robe of Goodman Hayes or similar...
    You are right. There is also the Collar Bell which either wakes everyone from sleep or causes deafness, and the Green Dragon Potion brewed by Zaviak.
    argent77 said:

the Green Dragon Potion brewed by Zaviak.

Why they did not call it the Magic Dragon Potion, I will never know.

argent77 said:

- The Brass Blade +5 (is this one actually used?)

I believe this is not actually available anywhere. If it was, it'd be the best weapon in the game by a fair margin, its damage is ABSURD.
    Actually, there is even a much more powerful weapon named "godbow.itm" which downright lives up to its name (and is probably aimed at cheaters).
    It costs 1000000000 (one billion) gold and increases your magic resistance, THAC0, AC and damage by an absurd amount. It also sets your attacks/round to 5 and activates improved haste. And as a bonus you can see a pretty sparkle effect whenever you equip it. Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be available anywhere in the game.
    I have found the weapon "Sun Soulbeam" which is a +3 enchanted scimitar. It doesn't appear to be used in the game, but the name suggests that it might have something to do with Rasaad's questline.