Skip to content

[Android 6.0.1, Motorola Nexus 6] All touch inputs are off

Playing IWD:EE 1.4.0 on my Motorola Nexus 6 (running the latest Android version available, 6.0.1) I experience difficulties with the touch controls - all touch inputs seem to be shifted to the right (so I need to touch slightly on the left of the desired target).

It's also clearly observable that the offset is not constant, it scales linearly depending on the horizontal position of the input; it's increasingly more prominent towards the right edge of the screen. For example, I clearly need to tap left of a character's portrait in order to select, while the menu buttons on the left are unaffected.

Possible cause: my device doesn't have physical back/home/viewApps buttons, those become available by swiping from the very right edge inwards (in landscape orientation), as an overlay. I suspect the width of this area is erroneously subtracted from the calculated width of the viewport of the game, even when hidden.

The very last message on this thread: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/45582 suggests that BG2:EE is likely affected in the same way.

Thank you for your continuous effort making my old favorites available to me on the go, it's invaluable to me!
L4Z