Skip to content

Interesting bug with Buckly's buckler

Just realised if ur hp is less than ur current HD and ur base con is above 14, when u remove the buckler u died instantly...

This is not exactly a bug but rather how constitution is being coded, is there any way to change that? Increase max HP from bonus con but do not increase/decrease current HP.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I think this is intentional because in the vanilla days when bonus CON items were implemented they added the bonus HP right away, so in theory if you took the item on and off again you would be "healing" your character

for example: axe of the unyielding in ToB

when you have the +5 version it will give you +1 con and if you are damaged, just unequip and equip it over and over again and you will eventually be back to full health

so I think the reason why they have it the way they do now is so you cant get "fake healing" out of it
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    That is working as intended. Refer to Barbarian Rage for the best example - if rage ends you can die if you are on low health which is the intention.
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    I find it abit weird as to why it doesnt work like how helm of balduran did.