Skip to content

Cleric Alignments in Baldur's Gate

So, recently began playing the game again, and had a specific idea for a character: a halfling cleric of Helm with the highest Charisma (I've dubbed her the Smiling Helmite). In my mind, she's cheerful and dedicated to fighting evil and becoming a figure like one in Gorion's old stories, but I can't make her Lawful Good. I know that cleric alignments were shifted somewhat in BG2, but that never translated back to the first game. Is there anything I can do to rectify this, or anything someone can help me do?

I'm on a Mac and not experienced at all with messing with game files, if that helps.

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    What do you mean with "can't make her Lawful Good"? You don't want to or the game won't allow it?

If it's an engine problem, you can always enforce an alignment with EEKeeper.

But I don't see why the game would forbid a LG helmite.
  • TriangleheadTrianglehead Member Posts: 40
    I'm unable to. Clerics of Helm are restricted to Neutral only in the first game still (but you can make a LG Helmite in the second). Never worked with EEKeeper before.
  • sluckerssluckers Member Posts: 280
    EEKeeper is incredibly simple.

1. Download EEKeeper.
    2. Open and set EEKeeper profile (basically tell EEKeeper where the save games folder is, using a standard file browser window).
    3. Open save game by selecting from list found by EEKeeper in the folder you identified.
    4. Locate the alignment value for your character (on 1st tab, I believe, under the tab 'Characteristics')
    5. Press the alignment value, and select Lawful Good from the menu that drops down when you click.
    6. DONE!