Skip to content

More Multiclass convinations and ability to add more than one kit in multiclass.

blackmamuthblackmamuth Member Posts: 19
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Let's be frank, mosts of us have already played the game, and the option will be welcome. It doesn't even need to be enabled in the game, even if it's in a config file will be interesting enough. Right now it's hardcoded, get rid of that. With Save game editing, you can add one Kit in a multiclass. Allow more.

More Multiclasses.
Allow a Sorceror Multiclass. Allow Thief/Mage/Clerics, Allow fighter/mage/Cleric/thief.

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Thief/Mage/Cleric would be a ridiculous weak. make the equation of each restriction of the 3 classes and you can't use:

Armor, helm and any shield greater than a buckler.

You're also restricted to the four mage proficience weapons: Quarterstaff, dagger, dart and sling... ops you're a cleric too, so only quarterstaff and sling for you.

A ridiculous low pool of HP and some trouble to level up, so you're going to be stucked with a naked level 1 character for some time... doesn't appear as a very good option.
  • blackmamuthblackmamuth Member Posts: 19
    kamuizin said:

Thief/Mage/Cleric would be a ridiculous weak. make the equation of each restriction of the 3 classes and you can't use:

Armor, helm and any shield greater than a buckler.

You're also restricted to the four mage proficience weapons: Quarterstaff, dagger, dart and sling... ops you're a cleric too, so only quarterstaff and sling for you.

A ridiculous low pool of HP and some trouble to level up, so you're going to be stucked with a naked level 1 character for some time... doesn't appear as a very good option.

until you get the Use any Item I guess.

It's not if it's weak or not. I think all possible convinations should be covered. Wizard Slayer is also weak, but it remains in game, so why not that Multiclass? IMHO, i think the real problem originally was that the Turn undead button replaced find traps or something similar en the interface.
  • HeinrichHeinrich Member Posts: 188
    I would LOVE to have a Fighter/Thief/Mage/Cleric to play as the ultimate solo character. Also good to know that I'm not the only one who would want that multiclass. :)

• PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I strongly believe there should be more multi/dual class combinations, and kits should be allowed for all of them. This would add a lot of customization (which 2e sorely needs) and replayability.

Ideally, they'd set it up to be dynamic so that everything would be allowed. I think originally, all the multiclasses are considered a class of their own in BG.
  • HertzHertz Member Posts: 109
    I want a Barbarian/Thief and a Monk/Wizard. :)
  • blackmamuthblackmamuth Member Posts: 19
    yes, Multiclass using barbarians or Sorcerers...

Imagine a Barbarian/Sorcerer or a Ranger/Monk.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Um... Wait, what? Lmao @Kamuizin thief/Mage/cleric would not be limited as much as you say... The only issues you would come across are similar issues with a cleric/thief. A T/M/C WOULD be able to use helmets, and you would still be able to use any CLERIC weapon... The only other problem is being able to cast Mage spells in any armor. A thief/Mage is not limited in weaponry, and neither is a fighter/Mage.

edited September 2012
    @Xavioria if you say so... i believe i have to take your word for those argues as facts, so.

@blackmamuth, the Thief/Mage/Cleric starting in BG will have some serious troubles, use any item is a HLA ability achieved only after 2.950.000 xp points are earned, so only in late SoA.

@Hertz and @blackmamuth, cross your fingers, cos as i saw in the screenshots of BG site, the Rasaad's mission is probally against the Dark Moon monastic order. This is an order of evil sorcerer/monks followers of shar that shape the dark weaver. So maybe the enhanced edition make monk kits... who knows.

Monk monastic orders
    that would be interesting if they spread out the diety priesthood to different classes within the game (for obvious reasons) and I wonder how many people would be peeved if the kit that follows Selune would be Monks... as opposed to Clerics.

and @Kamuizin if you remember Imoen in BG2, could use short swords and bows :)
    Yes, but clerics are forbidden the use of blades and pierce weapons by their ethos in AD&D. I don't know but i can say that Aerie (cleric/mage) is stuck with quarterstaff and sling the entire game.
  • ZwiebelchenZwiebelchen Member Posts: 86
    edited September 2012
    kamuizin said:

Yes, but clerics are forbidden the use of blades and pierce weapons by their ethos in AD&D. I don't know but i can say that Aerie (cleric/mage) is stuck with quarterstaff and sling the entire game.

Not true. She can also use warhammers, clubs and maces and gain 1 profiency in them; can wear a helmet and a buckler without losing ability to spellcast.

A M/C/T would be able to use all cleric weapons, but will only be able to backstab with clubs and staves, as all other weapons can not backstab.

• TaisharTaishar Member Posts: 27
    Add more druid multiclasses
    I also agree with more Druid Multiclasses... and as for a Cleric/Mage/Thief, the only further detriment they would have after furthing from a Cleric/Thief is not being able to cast arcane spells while wearing ANY armor... which if you put on an elven chain (I would recommend the robe of Vecna) that doesn't really matter anyways. And with Vecna's robes... that C/M/T would be able to backstab several times during a fight with almost no hassle
  • WierzbaWierzba Member Posts: 7
    There is an interesting mod available for BG2 (tested, works).
    http://www.shsforums.net/topic/45258-multiclassed-multikit-builder-mod-experimental

HOWEVER, it requires
    http://www.gibberlings3.net/bg2fixpack
    (I couldn't get this to work, moreover there is no sense in applying BG2-strict fixes)

I tried to bypass it (edited multikit builder's .tp2 to not require the fixpack's own .tp2 file), but not to much success.
    It would require me to know the basis of not only the current file structure of BGEE, but also of fixpack and the builder. And I lack those last two.

If the multikit's OC was to deliver, he would be golden (guys on shs state that it should already be compatible, but I dare to say that as for now it does not).
    In case he does not, it would be very nice if anyone else could provide us with one of the most wanted mods in the community at the moment (from what I both know and want : ).

tl;dr version
    duuudes, we are one step from playing as kensai/assassin/sorcerer, someone make it compatible pleehs!
    (yeah, Cleric/Mage/Thief would be possible too)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    That mod doesn't look like it has Ranger/Mage, Druid/Ranger or Mage/Druid: the three REAL multiclasses still missing.
  • TomeTome Member Posts: 466
    edited December 2012
    I am definitely in favor of this modification, but you should note that it is already on the Master List of Externalization Requests. Just out of interest, does that mod make it possible to create a Fighter/Sorcerer multi or dual class?
  • WierzbaWierzba Member Posts: 7
    In theory it allows you to have ANY multiclass, including multikitting.
    Which means those mentioned by @Dazzu too.

It does not ADD any class, but lets you create additional new class of your liking (by mixing up to three class/kits) and then use it (any mod that would allow playing as any class/kit dual/triple combination by just adding them all at once would also quadruple the total amount of classes/kits in game : ).

There are some issues regarding barbarian and thief skills (e.g. pickpocketing) though.
    It isn't perfect, 'cause it uses a script workaround to get things done (crude but quite efficient).
    Yet BG:EE was meant to be more modfriendly, so maybe same could be achieved more neatly.

@Tome nice to know, haven't noticed it on the List.