Skip to content

Help finding Neverwinter night 2 bug patches

xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
So I am having an issue where at the beginning, everytime I attempt to leave West Harbor and go to the Inn, instead it sends me back to West Harbor and my mouse becomes inactive on the game. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times and so far nothing has worked out thus far. I have, of course, update the game a bunch of times and there is always detailing some missing patches or files or something. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a website that fixes all related nwn2 bug problems such as this one. Seriously, the inn outside West harbor has some serious issues.

I only ask because I really got into the game and it's really bugging me that I can't progress further into the story so if anyone has any answers to this please post.

Comments

• WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    @xLegionx I remember NWN2 is a bitch to make run. Mostly because it eats your CPU and because you have to patch it SO much.

I spent literally an entire day patching that game with all the expansions. I made the mistake of individually patching each game, installing the next until I was finished. I should've installed all the games then patched once.

You need to make sure it's patched properly. There's an in game patcher with Should be doing what it needs to do to make the game run. If there's some fatal glitch in a patched game it's your disk no doubt.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    My disk is fine and clean of scratches just like all of them. So you're saying that I need to get the expansion packs, install the game and packs first, then patch and it should work? I'm just trying to get the main storyline working. Damn it's killing me not being able to play this game...
    @xLegionx No I'm saying because I have all the expansions and I patched individual games until I finally had every patch known to NWN2, it took all day.

There's no reason you need the other games. Why you can't enter the Weeping Willow I have no clue but if it helps you can always avoid going in in the first place.

Just break off communications with Kelgar, which is unfun, but it should get you past it.

You are SURE every patch is on?
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    YES I FIXED IT FINALLY!!! Ward seriously man if I had a million dollars I would give it all to you right now. After trying every solution you just posted it turns out that my issue was that I needed free up space in my C drive. Why? Idk and if someone would like to explain this feel free.

Again many thanks Ward you just saved me from a month of mental pain haha!
    edited September 2012
    @xLegionx Some games need free disk space to store temporary data while playing the game. It's similar to how Beamdog almost eliminated loading screens between areas. NWN2 is not only huge but coded badly.

If you didn't notice on exiting West Harbour, there's a big load. That's because it just put about 10 areas in your cache and you had no space for them. If they coded more efficentily it wouldn't use so many resources.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    I really liked the built in updater that shipped with NWN and NWN2, however I don't like how you had to patch to one version, then the next, then the next, etc. Why can't only the files that have been changed be downloaded? I hope BG:EE patcher is not like NWN.