Skip to content

Can't import a BG:EE character

As per title, I've copied mt BG:EE final save to the BGII:EE save directory and when I try importing I get the options of character file and save games, whichever I select it lets me choose my character and goes to the screen to set appearance and name, after clicking done on name I can't go any further and start BGII:EE as the only options on screen are Biography, Start Over, Back, Export and Import.

Any ideas Please? both BG:EE and BGII:EE are steam versions.

Cheers

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Are you following character creation from the New Game button, or the Pre-Generate Character button?

If the latter, you can just press "Export" and the character will show up in the list of pregen characters when you start a new game. Otherwise, import after selecting "New Game" and you should be able to start the game from there.
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Member Posts: 24
    Cheers for the reply. I tried both ways, but there is no way to actually start the game. Although it doesn't matter now atm as I've decided to give IWD:EE a go, until the add-on that follws BG:EE comes out, so I can play that, then BG2:EE.
  • wraith5641wraith5641 Member Posts: 500
    Did you copy both files from the BG: EE character file into the BG2: EE character file? There should be a CHARNAME.bio and a CHARNAME.chr.