Skip to content

Possible to mod/port Dragon From BG2EE to BGEE?

gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
Any idea if its possible? Seem like the script and dialogue is missing when I do direct .cre transfer.

Try it in game and realised there is no dragon animation.

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Its possible, I did it for the mod Dark Side of the Sword Coast. Need to give off more details on what you did. There are a number of reasons why its not showing up.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2016
    In terms of getting the dragon animation to appear you'll likely first have to copy all of the bam files (animations/images) that relate specifically to the monster animation in question. Monster animations generally have an M I think for a prefix (so MREMA1.bam for instance is one file for Remhoraz). Each one of these is going to correspond to either a different direction they are facing, a different approach they might be taking to attacking, or just general movement.

You've got the creature file already (but you may also need to give it a new name if its name lacks string references).

In the case of a monster you will also want to make sure that you've copied any relevant items they use (including their weapons). These might not be included (or may be named differently) between the two games.

You'll need to either copy the dialog and script files from BG2EE over to BGEE (by using a program like Near Infinity to extract them or by decompiling and recompiling them using WEIDU)

Finally, you'll need to modify a couple of different 2DA files and an IDS file (if you are just using this mod yourself you can make the changes within these files, otherwise you'll want to learn how to append files).

EXTANIM.2da
    EXTSPEED.2da
    ANIMATE.IDS

What exactly you put in here will depend on what animation you are transfering over (so the values you see in other mods might not work for Dragons)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • gattberserkgattberserk Member Posts: 190
    edited February 2016
    Wow that sound complicated!

thanks alot for the insight! I will fiddle with it and see how is the result!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    edited March 2016
    Definitely append the files of you want to share your mod with others!

But don't worry about this for now. One step at a time. If you like, 'summon'me with @Grammarsalad when you are at that point, and I'll go over it with you