Skip to content

Neera's Ending

Can anyone clarify where exactly did Neera go in the romance ending? I know it is meant to be open to interpretation, but I really wanna know. Maybe some hints from the devs or something?

Comments

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    edited February 2016
    Well, since she is a powerful archmage by end of TOB, she can frequently visit Charname's realm until he can settle his new office (mind you Charname still didn't obtain any appointments/office from AO).
    AO may take eons to come to such things since AO still has a "superior" above him unknown to everyone in the planes (that is from the novel after he awarded Cyric his godhood and bestow him the 2 offices together with a new "Mystra" since the old one quits (having to die so many times "in Prime Material Plane moreover in that 1 world that 1 continent alone" as the "ONLY" greater deity to have held such high "death" records.

Mind you, Greater Dieties don't usually die permanent deaths even on their home plane ^^ yet old Mystra" suffered this fate 2 times in Faerun.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470
    On a more cynical out look maybe she just not that into you. Sometimes during the romance I felt like she was just not that into my character. So I could see her getting bored of adventuring with you and leaves you.
  • VirelaiVirelai Member Posts: 19
    Haha! So it's Schrodinger's Neera. She is both with you and without at the same time.
    Virelai said:

Haha! So it's Schrodinger's Neera. She is both with you and without at the same time.

Well I can see her having genuine feelings for you bg2, but in Bg1 I can totally see her using you with her charms as a meat shield. But just make sure you take her to a license cleric.
    Virelai
  • VirelaiVirelai Member Posts: 19
    edited February 2016
    Yeah but this is BG2! In BG1 I figure that she's a troubled soul who is desperate for closeness but doesn't even trust herself. Obviously romantic encounters in general are fraught with peril, not even considering the tumultuous plot thrown into the mix. I gave my interpretation, I stand by it. Love to hear others' though.

Edit: bad grammar have I
  • KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
    Bubbles said:

Mind you, Greater Dieties don't usually die permanent deaths even on their home plane ^^ yet old Mystra" suffered this fate 2 times in Faerun.

Mystra did die in her own home plane of Dweomerheart. She was killed by Cyric when he smashed Azuth's "Old Staff" (a godly Staff of Power) over her head. This caused the Spellplague.
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

On a more cynical out look maybe she just not that into you. Sometimes during the romance I felt like she was just not that into my character. So I could see her getting bored of adventuring with you and leaves you.

You know, there may be something to this. In one run, CHARNAME declined to get physical in SoA, the two barely talked to one another in ToB, and then, just as he was about to ascend Neera declared her love for him, especially for that... thing he does.

Which was a little confusing, not least because of the aforementioned "friends without benefits" status of their relationship, since the only action CHARNAME got in the whole trilogy was with three different Drow.
    Pantalion said:

You know, there may be something to this. In one run, CHARNAME declined to get physical in SoA, the two barely talked to one another in ToB, and then, just as he was about to ascend Neera declared her love for him, especially for that... thing he does.

Which was a little confusing, not least because of the aforementioned "friends without benefits" status of their relationship, since the only action CHARNAME got in the whole trilogy was with three different Drow.
    Hmm interesting. Maybe she was watching in you with those drow and got a little thirsty. Or maybe she didn't want her all mighty meat shield to leave her. Just can't tell.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I did not find her romance particularly engaging in soa. Talks were interesting enough, I love her quirky responses and conservations. However the romance part seemed to come out of nowhere to me. In my current game I went so far that she was thinking about sleeping with my pc, then sadly she got disintegrated in a battle. Such is fate, it just was not meant to be.

As a character I love her personality and attitude. The romance portion seems to be 'just there' when compared to original Bioware ones. I feel a stronger bond within Jaheira, Aerie and even Viconia's romances, they open up more and their progression feels a bit more natural to me.
    lunar said:

I did not find her romance particularly engaging in soa. Talks were interesting enough, I love her quirky responses and conservations. However the romance part seemed to come out of nowhere to me. In my current game I went so far that she was thinking about sleeping with my pc, then sadly she got disintegrated in a battle. Such is fate, it just was not meant to be.

As a character I love her personality and attitude. The romance portion seems to be 'just there' when compared to original Bioware ones. I feel a stronger bond within Jaheira, Aerie and even Viconia's romances, they open up more and their progression feels a bit more natural to me.

I think one of the biggest reasons why I didn't feel very attached to her romance is because I was roleplaying my noble and righteous Undead Hunter. Her quirkeyness which I love just doesn't fit with that character unlike the romance of Aerie and Viconia.
    lunar
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137

Hmm interesting. Maybe she was watching in you with those drow and got a little thirsty. Or maybe she didn't want her all mighty meat shield to leave her. Just can't tell.

Hah! Mage/Thief with 7 con. If she's keeping CHARNAME around, it's definitely not for the "shield" aspect.

Honestly I find her romance to be, if nothing else, refreshing compared to Fixer Fantasy #1-3. Viconia is outright psychotic with trying to findmuck the PC, Aerie is severely emotionally damaged and you probably shouldn't date your therapist (though the Haer'dalis conflict where you treat her like a human capable of choosing for herself makes it a tiny bit better, I feel), and Jaheira is just obnoxious, treating any disagreement or moment where she is not the number one priority (including in the five seconds between combats, if she is so inclined) as a romance breaker.

In the face of all that, having someone who's just pretty good friends, kind of into one another, joking and sharing good times? Yeah, I can appreciate that, even if it does get a little wilted towards the end of the storyline.
    VirelaiTheDonofTime