Skip to content

Grumbling Thread ^^ (Spoiler Warning)

BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
Well, this thread is intended for people to grumble and complain (just to let out some steam) of what they think is some of the most ridiculous thing in BG2/EE. Strictly for fun guys ^^.

Recently, I have this irritable feeling towards Alogoth ..
1. He is mightier than gods X_X (he cannot be killed in the shadow plane)
2. Why the hell is he screaming (when the shadows turned against him) when my party run out of Shadow Plane when he can't die? Any all in all Alogoth is not even a "shade/shadow" of any kind O_O
3. His Dark Moon monks are stronger and mightier than Solar and Planetars X_X (did anyone noticed?)
Freaking ridiculous ~ I finish off Lunia's celestial hosts in a breeze yet the Dark Moon crap takes an awfully long time to defeat and mind you I have to be VERY alert not to make any mistakes when I face those Monks X_X.
(using the same party from start to end -- 5x EE NPC + charname).

Anyone else has anything to grumble about? ^^
Anyone could provide me with an in-game logical explanation to those things i mentioned? ^^

Comments

• BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @FinnTheHuman
    Actually, those 2 instant kill thing have may have a "funny" reason for it.
    I am guessing ..

1- They are rushing for dateline and took a shortcut
    2- The BG2 original project ran low in budget so that maybe part of the shortcutters.
    3- "Hey! Do I have to remind you guys who is the DM here? (Dungeon Master) ^^ -DM has the final say xD
  • FinnTheHumanFinnTheHuman Member Posts: 404
    Ok sure, but i still don't have to like it...mutter mutter grumble.
    @FinnTheHuman
    Yeah I know that feeling ...
    Oh I more kinda silly thing they did to Lunia ...

Why did Beamdog put 2 Silver Dargons there to scare the wits out of the players (they only appear if you chop that tree), but never allowed an option to fight 2 Silvers .. It will be a nice challenge to try to fight them ^^
  • PantalionPantalion Member Posts: 2,137
    Bubbles said:

@FinnTheHuman
    Yeah I know that feeling ...
    Oh I more kinda silly thing they did to Lunia ...

Why did Beamdog put 2 Silver Dargons there to scare the wits out of the players (they only appear if you chop that tree), but never allowed an option to fight 2 Silvers .. It will be a nice challenge to try to fight them ^^
    Actually it's quite possible to fight both silver dragons with the right dialogue choices as you're leaving.
    @Pantalion
    The male dragon seemed to stop the fight after a while.
    Anyway to make them fight as a pair?
    Bubbles said:

@Pantalion
    The male dragon seemed to stop the fight after a while.
    Anyway to make them fight as a pair?

Generally if you shoot both of them with AOEs before initiating dialogue I believe you might have better luck, though I was typically just obnoxious towards them and they both turned hostile. Murdering the female I believe makes the male keep fighting, though in the end I found the whole quest more satisfying by stealthing through the whole plane without killing anyone.
    @Pantalion
    My very first run in Lunia I didn't get to meet the 2 silvers.
    Reasons I believe to be that my Dorn was Fallen (i took both his bosses in the sword), thus no one ask me to chop the tree, thereby no silver appear I guess. But I did slay the planetar + her bunch of crusaders though.
    Bubbles said:

@Pantalion
    My very first run in Lunia I didn't get to meet the 2 silvers.
    Reasons I believe to be that my Dorn was Fallen (i took both his bosses in the sword), thus no one ask me to chop the tree, thereby no silver appear I guess. But I did slay the planetar + her bunch of crusaders though.

My run through Dorn glitched due to having a Schrodinger's patron, so I farmed fruit from the tree but didn't do anything else or make anyone hostile, and left. Crusader kill squad showed up whining about the tree and I ignored them and moved on, two silvers were camped in the stone circle and both turned hostile without the right dialogue.
    @Pantalion
    Hmm.. I should try and make 2 Silvers Hostile and see how I fair against them ^^.
    Lunia has been too cheesy compared to Shadow Plane .. I JUST CAN'T except the fact ^^ that planetars die like ants in their "HOME" plane while a "mortal" cannot be killed in the Shadow plane even by the locals ....