Skip to content

"Christmas Carol: The Musical" Baldur's Gate Run Idea

BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
edited February 2016 in Off-Topic
Hello, friends. This is going to be a LONG post. If you're a "TLDR" type, please don't bother. I apologize that this is so out of season. For me, it is somewhat always Christmas, as I try to keep that "Spirit" alive in me all year round. (Maybe I should consider wearing my Santa hat year round.) ;)

I just got this idea from my current Titan Quest Seer run. (I can give more details on the build if anyone's interested - it's basically a Dream caster using Distortion Wave and Temporal Rift. I'm thinking of adding Spirit mastery in Epic level, using Deathchill Aura, Ravages of Time, and the Lich "Queen" as my Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come).

I'm interested in doing a BG run inspired by "A Christmas Carol: The Musical". I would be the Ghost of Christmas Present, as probably a skald, or maybe as a cleric-mage.

The interesting thing about my idea is that I would be "Charname" only as a diversion, due to the engine limitations. One of the NPC's would be the real "Charname", supported by me, as the Ghost of Christmas Present, (probably a skald), with my two counterparts.

My real "Charname", would actually be Scrooge, played by Kelsey Grammer. My first idea for him would be Ajantis/Anomen.

This would be me, a skald, a diversion from the actual "chosen one":
imageimage

Aerie is the perfect Ghost of Christmas Past. The actress from the TV version of the musical bears an uncanny resemblance:
imageimageimage

Which NPC is most like the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come? She would logically be a necromancer, but there are no female candidates for that among the BG NPC's. I'm thinking Jaheira, because of the neutrality, the fact that death is part of nature, and that her portrait somewhat resembles the actress from the TV version of the musical:
imageimage

For my unknowing, innocent (or not so innocent in need of redemption) Charname, who is to be redeemed by the influence of my cohorts and me, I'm thinking that Ajantis/Anomen look the most like Kelsey Grammer, at various ages, and in the show:
imageimageimageimageimageimage

Who would be the best "Charname" for this ghostly support role run, who is also analogous to the Titan Quest Dream and Spirit masteries? A skald, a cleric-mage, or something else? Who would be the best NPC's to represent the other two Ghosts, and Scrooge?