Skip to content

Simultaneous backstab?

EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi folks, I'm a longtime reader, but new poster, on this most excellent of forums.

I'm planning on playing a multiplayer game (me on iPad/PC and my friend on his Mac) and we have this vision of two characters running around hidden in shadows and wrecking mayhem... I just wondered, is it hard to position two characters so that they can backstab the same monster at the same time? Do you think lag will be a problem?

Just wondering as the 18th is getting closer... :)

Comments

• colonel_burgercolonel_burger Member Posts: 279
    as long as you're both stealthed, I don't see a problem. It would also make restealthing easier, one of you could act as monster bait after you both backstab, while the other runs and restealths, comes back, stabs, runs away, restealths, stabs, rinse repeat. Quite powerful.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Depends on if the monster is going to turn around to instantly aggro one of your thieves. If he's already focused on some other target, I don't think it'd be much of a problem. Plus you gotta factor in damage animations which should be long enough for both guys to attack the same target pretty quickly.

Or you could simply plan around it and position one guy on each side and then take turns.
  • EleutherosEleutheros Member Posts: 70
    Thanks for the quick answers! I look forward to trying it out! I just keep finding myself plotting and planning for what to do once the game is here :)
    You and me both.
  • KhamillKhamill Member Posts: 226
    edited September 2012
    two assasins with poison coted daggers?....powerfull stuff indeed, would poison damage double in that case?
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    Yes...
  • KonabugaKonabuga Member Posts: 135
    How about a party made up of thieves only. In the last fight with Sarevok, you could drink some invisibility potions, position all 6 thieves around Sarevok so he can't move, then backstab backstab backstab. Could this work?
    It could work, it would just take a ridiculous amount of effort.

AND POTIONS!
  • FredjoFredjo Member Posts: 477

Hi folks, I'm a longtime reader, but new poster, on this most excellent of forums.

I'm planning on playing a multiplayer game (me on iPad/PC and my friend on his Mac) and we have this vision of two characters running around hidden in shadows and wrecking mayhem... I just wondered, is it hard to position two characters so that they can backstab the same monster at the same time? Do you think lag will be a problem?

Just wondering as the 18th is getting closer... :)

That is a great idea, I love it and I think I'll play this assassin way, together with my brother.

• JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Simultaneous backstab ... sounds ... kinda sexy.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited September 2012
    I backstab the same target with two characters quite often, it works perfectly fine. You just have to offset them slightly, so neither are going to be perfectly positioned behind the target, but it still works. I haven't ran into the problem of it not working properly because one character attacks faster than the other (the monster turning around too quickly) too often. As long as you pause it after the characters are in position, order them both to attack and then unpause, the target shouldn't have time to turn around before both characters have gotten their attacks in.

The only time this would be a problem is if one of the characters hit and the other misses, then it doesn't work. And since you're going to be doing this when starting in BG1 on low levels, this will probably happen quite often.

You can always position one character behind the target, and the other right in front of him, backstab with the first one and wait for the target to turn around, then use the second character to backstab again. The only time I can think of where this wouldn't work is on mages that have contingency stoneskin.

Simultaneous backstab ... sounds ... kinda sexy.

Kind of like double penetration, lol.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    Awong124 said:

Kind of like double penetration, lol.

Hahah pretty much what I was implying ...
    All I can think of now is Tiax and Montaron ... double backstabbing ... I can't even ...

"Sleep lightly, task master"
    "Oh, alright"

*stab*
    "Tiax rules!"