Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How exactly is a saving throw is triggered

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 385
I'm curious how exactly a saving throw is triggered

For example...

Equipped abilities:
- Causes the wielder to go berserk (save vs spell)

Would this be triggered once the first item is equipped or would it be triggered each time the wielder enters a battle?

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,510
    Greener said:

I'm curious how exactly a saving throw is triggered

For example...

Equipped abilities:
    - Causes the wielder to go berserk (save vs spell)

Would this be triggered once the first item is equipped or would it be triggered each time the wielder enters a battle?

I think that it depends on the effect... I'm not sure in this case. Isn't there a cursed two handed sword that does something like this? I think that it only triggers in combat, but I'm not sure how the effect is set up in the itm file. Different configurations might act differently

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 2,809
    I can't say for certain without having access to the source code. But from what I've seen so far I'd say that a save check is triggered only when the effect opcode is applied to the target. If it's a "while equipped" type of effect then the check is triggered whenever you equip or re-equip the item regardless of when the effect actually becomes apparent to the player (such as in the case of Berserk).

• GreenerGreener Member Posts: 385
    edited February 2016
    Thank you

Perhaps than modifying it from an equipped ability to a combat ability may trigger ongoing saving throws?