Skip to content

Suggestions

cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
edited February 2016 in Feature Requests
-Right and left arrow should allow you to scroll through portraits at character creation
-At the rolling attributes screen, you should be able to store by pressing S, recall by pressing C and reroll by pressing R
I don't know if it's just me but clicking is really tiresome and I imagine using the keyboard for these things would be easier and quicker.

-The green outline around scrolls doesn't show if you have learned the maximum number for that level. Maybe you could put an e.g. blue outline around the scroll if you haven't learned it but you can't memorize it currently.
-Wild Mage's Reckless Dweomer is pretty arduous to scroll through, more so as you learn new spells. It would be better if the spells were split up into every 3 levels. This might be useful when you're normally casting a spell too, especially if it's with a cleric/mage. Also, Reckless Dweomer doesn't pause for me when I go to select which spell to cast through it.

Things that affect the way the game works:
-Wild Mage's wild surge makes a lot of your party's gold disappear
This is not cool (You used to be cool, Beamdog!). It seems really overboard to lose e.g. 50,000 GP. I guess most people just reload when something like this happens anyway.
-Cleric of Lathander/Helm should be able to use Boon of Lathander every 4 levels
Every other class (I think) gets an extra use of their special abilities every 4 levels (Berserker, Blade) so why not these two? In BG1 you only get one use of it per day throughout the whole game. Ha. Someone's gonna come along and prove incontrovertibly that it is balanced now. I wanna kick ass my CoL so bad though!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975

-Cleric of Lathander/Helm should be able to use Boon of Lathander every 4 levels
    Every other class (I think) gets an extra use of their special abilities every 4 levels (Berserker, Blade) so why not these two? In BG1 you only get one use of it per day throughout the whole game. Ha. Someone's gonna come along and prove incontrovertibly that it is balanced now. I wanna kick ass my CoL so bad though!

well originally class kits were not in bg1 and were implemented in bg2, if you started off fresh in bg2 you were level 7 ( or potentially level 8 if you imported from bg1) so it didn't take long before you could gain the abilities that are usable once per 10 levels sort of thing

so for that reason, that is why some abilities don't transfer well to lower level gaming than others do ( like a cavalier for example has some mind boggling good resistances at level 1, while a normal paladin doesn't have no where near as much good stuff as a cavalier would)

but when you start off at level 7 or 8, it doesn't have as much an impact as it does at level 1

this is also another reason why monks kind of smell like doo-doo in bg1, because they were not introduced until bg2, and even then, they still take a while before they start kicking butt, in bg1, they never really kick butt, that is probably why beamdog made some class kits to help off set how weak monks are in bg1

and another reason why the specialized clerics don't get their killer abilities early is because they are quite powerful, boon of lathander gives +1 to hit/damage/ attack per round and level drain, that is a pretty hefty ability for a low level character, and helms seeking sword ( I believe it is called) would also be an extremely powerful ability again for a low level character

so I would say that in the end, the reason why some abilities are gained at higher levels like that are; for gameplay balance, and for the fact that these kits were made for bg2, not bg1

• cloudkillbeatsallcloudkillbeatsall Member Posts: 98
    edited March 2016
    A Blade gets +2 to hit and damage and a berserker's rage gives you incredibly good immunities. Other kits are overpowered so why not the Cleric kits too? Maybe an extra Boon of Lathander and Seeking Sword every 5 levels it would be enough. One use a day in BG1/SoD just seems very little.