Skip to content

Import/export function???

I've been playing since '98 and I've always been able to export my character at any given point, start a new game, import it in the character generator and then continue with that character from scratch (maintaining its levels and such). Now when I import my character after exporting it, the character generator has absolutely no means of actually START PLAYING with that imported character. How do I do this?

I know that I've been able to do this in Enhanced Edition also, since I did this when it first came out.

Why are you messing around so much with the simple menus?

Comments

• SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    Just click new game, create new character at the bottom, then click import. Same way it has always been done.
    moody_mageAlexisisinneedthelovebatJuliusBorisov
  • ThaudalThaudal Member Posts: 37
    Then what do I do after I've imported? There are no "start game" buttons - there is basically just "start over".
    Keep doing it the exact same way it has always been done since 98, you know the time you claim to have played since... After clicking import you go to the button on the left that is not greyed out and do the cosmetic character customization (name/colors/voice set). When everything is done, you click "accept" and presto, you're playing the game like a pro.
    ThaudalJuliusBorisov
  • ThaudalThaudal Member Posts: 37
    Oooh my god...

Here's what happened (in more words than me being retarded):
    I apparantly had been hitting "Pre-Generate Character" instead of "New Game". I think what messed with me was the fact that that button usually isn't really there (at least not from the memories of the classic version, which I guess is still somewhat stronger than the enhanced one).

I feel stupid now. Thanks!

By the way, what purpose then, does the button I have been using serve?
    JuliusBorisov
    Pre-generate character lets you create a character without starting a new game with him/her, basically just making it available for import. You could use this to create all six characters of a multi-player party for example without having to start the game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    @Thaudal, you may be confusing the "Pre-Generate Character" button with the "New Game" one.

"New Game" now takes you to a Character Selection screen. There, you can either select a pre-generated character or click the "Create" button to generate a new character and start a game right away.