Skip to content

How do you feel about the new release date?

2»

Comments

• JomeroJomero Member Posts: 6
    Yeah, I understand.

I can still be pissed off and disappointed while also being completely understanding. It is possible, you know. Like a parent who is furious with their child, but still loving them at the same time.

I agree though, announcing a delay this close to the posted launch date added a very large portion to my fury.

I still look forward to the finished product. Even if I have to wait 2.5 months.

*grumble*
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Too few poll options. Should have included "Other: explain."
  • DiscoCatDiscoCat Member Posts: 73
    The poll sucks. Only 2 options. I refuse to participate.
  • AlkaluropsAlkalurops Member Posts: 269
    I can understand a delay, but 2.5 months?
  • Metal_HurlantMetal_Hurlant Member Posts: 324
    I didn't vote because I would have liked a third option: Not too fussed as it gives me time to finish off my current game I'm playing.
  • BrandtCPBrandtCP Member Posts: 6

I didn't vote because I would have liked a third option: Not too fussed as it gives me time to finish off my current game I'm playing.

Same here, now I can continue playing the FF VII re-release.

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited September 2012
    I must admit that I was pretty afraid of the 18th of September, They were still fixing stuff in the last week, which means we would get an unfinished product. I think that the last week is supposed to be focused on marketing and final tweeking and not in struggling to the death in order to make it on time.

Also, I feel that BG:EE have much more potential! Now that most of the work on the UI has been done, they have got 2.5 months to focus on other stuff as well! They have already said that they dont adding banters because they dont have time, perhaps now they will? they may finish 'adventure y' which will expand the game and was supposed to be released post-ship because they didn't finish it... Weather effects also were supposed to go post-ship... And I believe that a lot of other things they are planned and didnt make it due to time constraint.

So overall we will get a much more polished product and I think that the long delay is for the better!
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    You should've put an option where "I'm glad they delayed the game". I'm glad because they were releasing the game without subraces which, quite frankly, would've been a bit disappointing for me. And also it's delayed 2 months so they can add "a little extra" to the game which I am also glad considering the amount of gaming requests that have been posted.

It's great to see that expert gamers from all around the world have come to support the making of bg;ee. It means that bg will may never entirely be the same as it once was but in a really good way. Looking forward to what they are bringing so long as it includes my drow race and some new necromancer spells to play I'll be a happy evildoer!!! :)
  • tpowltpowl Member Posts: 35
    How do I feel? I wouldn't feel a thing if they were smart enough to have announced setback a little earlier? It's 4 days prior to release date and they shit on my face.

That's how I feel
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Given the frantic pace of development in the last few weeks vs. what they've been able to show us, I'm actually relieved that the Overhaul team will taking the time they need to polish and improve the game instead of rushing it out the door. Two and a half months is longer than I expected, but hopefully they'll include some extras that were originally planned as free DLC. *crosses fingers*

I just wish they announced the delay sooner and gave us more details on what they're working on.
  • tpowltpowl Member Posts: 35
    Just to add, there's really...I mean REALLY no point in having pre-ordered the game back..I don't know..whenever..given 2.5 months pushback in release date. Is there? I think I'll get my money back thanks.
  • TaisharTaishar Member Posts: 27
    Cyricist said:

Neither of these polls work for me. I think the best way to sum up my feelings is that I am very disappointed. Seems to me that there's a complete lack of communication here. Sure, you can choose to delay your game; obviously the people making the product will know best when it's time to put that product out. That's fine, and I understand.

But it's FOUR DAYS UNTIL LAUNCH. Are you kidding? Like, really? I pre-ordered the game the other day, have been browsing the forums for a couple days now. Wasn't too excited before, but as the launch date approached, I started to get excited for it. My friend and I drew up grand plans for our playthroughs. Really looking forward to it. Decided to pre-order the game instead of Borderlands 2, because we'd rather play BGEE. Figured we'd turn to Borderlands after a couple weeks, once we were spent in BGEE.

To be informed that the game won't be coming out for at least two+ more months is ridiculously bad communication. Just totally sucks. And no, I don't understand why we weren't told earlier. I mean the forums have been pretty much "When can we preload!?" for days now. Rather than let everyone pump themselves up over playing the game in the very near future, you could have told us "we'll be delaying the launch" at least a few days ago, so a full week before launch... or better yet, the first moment you realized you'd be delaying it at all.

Knowing the game isn't ready on September 18th, and deciding it'll be ready on November 30th, couldn't have been the same moment in time.

I don't know. Just ranting I guess. This blows. Guess we'll just sit here in the dark until November 26th, crossing our fingers.

• nptitimnptitim Member Posts: 111
    I am not quite beyond reasoning but it is super annoying to have it delayed, I had ordered it as gifts for several people (around one's birthday) and now it is like sorry, you have to wait until after Thanksgiving to get your present. I understand things come up but at the same time it is the developers' responsibility to plan stuff out and build in extra time just in case something does come up.

Obviously if they really needed the time then I am glad they took it vs releasing a crappy product. However, now I have the following expectations:

Don't move the release date again - move it twice and I am canceling all orders
    Everything better be 'ship shape' when they actually send it out
    It would be great if they added in something a little extra to make amends for this, either for everybody or for the people who pre-ordered it.

Having said all of that, all will be forgiven if they add in the option of having a variety of pets that act like NPCs that level up with your character - make one of those choices a hell hound and I will buy even more copies ;)
  • ramagonsramagons Member Posts: 96
    tpowl said:

How do I feel? I wouldn't feel a thing if they were smart enough to have announced setback a little earlier? It's 4 days prior to release date and they shit on my face.

That's how I feel

Is it really like having someone shit on your face? I mean I wouldn't know because that's never happened to me, but I would imagine the experiences are dramatically different.
  • bobsageekbobsageek Member Posts: 21
    Not a big deal, especially if we get a better end product.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Smiles! Everyone smiles, this is like some great fantasy!

Really, I mean it! After reading all these insightful posts of our beta testers I'm relieved to see Overhaul Games managed to get some extra development time to do this great game the honour it deserves.
  • ArcalianArcalian Member Posts: 359
    I have BG1 and 2 from GOG. Now I have more time to advance my current campaigns, all 4 of them. I might even get my current BG1 campaign finished and import the character into BG2 by the release date. But I doubt it.
  • leyshjonoeleyshjonoe Member Posts: 59
    Sad.