Skip to content

Solo sorcerer, SCS, BG1 EE

I have read some quides about solo sorcerers. The question is: Is it a possible challenge, if you have installed SCS? I assume that cheating (i.e. xp cap removing) is not allowed. It's maybe possible but I think you need the following strategies a lot:

1. Divide groups such that you can kill them one by one.
2. Wait a lot (behind an invisibility spell and cloak of non-detection) such that the enemy mages' temporary spells end (especially minor globe of invulnerability (MGOI), mirror image and improved invisibility).

For me both strategies are like cheating. It's allowed to recast some spells behind an invisibility if remove magic dispel your spells, and this strategy is quite similar than the second bullet in the previous list. But if you need to remove MGOI (spell thrust) and mirror images (detect illusion), is there really enough spell slots to success? Melf's minute meteor is one tool to remove mirror images, but is it enough? Magic missile is not, because very many mages have a shield spell. Remove magic does not remove MGOI and some enemies are so high level that it's not a reliable spell (e.g. Kahrk).

How can you kill the enemy, who uses the protection from magic scroll, in the last battle with Sarevok?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It is very possible to solo bg1 with scs, even no-reload, solo, bg1 with scs was done in bioware no reload forums.

Dividing groups won't work well as scs has shouts:that is, an enemy group member quickly calls his friends to his aid.
    Waiting invisible is a valid if boring strategy, but scs casters can dispel invisible with oracle or similiar spells, you can re-appply the invisibility since you are a sorcerer. Or you can spam the enemy with monster summon wands and let them waste their powerful spells on them. Equally cheesy, but effective.

For immune to magic enemy you need to use good summons or polymorph self to a buffed to the max form and melee. Spider poison can hurt a lot, IIRC. Ogre and flind forms can have good damage potential with a draw upon holy might to buff str. (special ability)
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Use a combination of Wand of Fire, Frost and Polymorphing for offensive purpose while you protect yourself with Shield + Mirror Image + Minor Spell Deflection + Stoneskin.
    CC enemies with multiple Web spells.

It's quite an easy run, even with SCS installed.