Skip to content

Problems in Planar Sphere in early game

Hi guys,

I am trying to speed through the early game and have taken Find Valygar as my first quest - this requires players to enter the Planar Sphere. The first enemy within the entrance is a Clay Golem but none of my party seem to be able to damage it.

I am a mage and have learned Melf's Minute Meteors which does some damage but not enough. I tried equipping my party members with basic clubs (because they do crushing damage) but they still have no effect. I had Anomen join the party as I heard his weapon could damage the golem but apparently it does not.

Can anyone tell me how to kill this Clay Golem please? I think magical crushing weapons are required? But as it is so early in the game I have almost no money to buy them with (about 400 gold total).

Thanks for your help,

Falthas

Comments

• FalthasFalthas Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the advice guys I will go to the Copper Coronet. I have played through most of the game before but the last time was about 10 years ago so don't remember anything!
    JuliusBorisovHeindrich
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    edited March 2016
    Priests have that spell that summons a magical hammer, Anomen should be able to kill the golem with it and enough preparations.
    Pteranlunar
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    As @Noon said, Anomen should be able to kill it using the spell Spiritual Hammer. Also I'm not sure who else you've got, but the level 1 Priest spell (might be Druid specific, not sure) Shillelagh creates a magical Club.
    lunar
  • MMMMKMMMMK Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2016
    Also, check the sewers under the temple district once you finish with the Copper Coronet for some excellent early-game equipment. It's usually one of my first stops when I start a new game.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2016
    Shilelagh and spiritual hammer should be able to hit it. You need magical enchanted crushing weapons like a club+1, mace+1 or quarterstaff+1 to hit clay golems. Don't you have staff+1 from Irenicus Dungeon? It should be able to hit it. If you have enchanted weapon spell (lvl 4) it can create +3 mace too. In vanilla game you could also lower resistance to their magic, and blast with spells.
    JuliusBorisov