Skip to content

So are Goblins a new plaayble race entirely, outside of the new NPC?

Something tells me they aren't, but there's no reason they shouldn't be.

They've got a paperdoll and everything.

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    It'll probably be moddable, but they would almost certainly have to replace one of the other races (and, I assume, there will only be a single set of animations for all classes)
    JuliusBorisov
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Actually, the character creation menu has been significantly changed in the beta, so it's possible other races could be made selectable now. I'm not saying they will or anything, just that it doesn't seem hardcoded to the extent it used to be.
    Grammarsalad
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    If they've changed it so that mods can introduce races without removing old ones, then that is a vast improvement to the moddability of the game (especially if the same applies to classes as well) and greatly appreciated.
    Grammarsalad
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Just to be clear, I've no idea if races CAN be added or not, I'm just saying that since the character generation menu has been so drastically changed, and Beamdog have said in the past that want to externalise things as much as possible, it's a distinct possibility.

Class selection now shows all options available for whatever race you have picked, with a scrollbar if there are too many to display all at once, it's no longer a static menu with certain options grayed out. It looks like it's been designed with more options being moddable in mind, but I've absolutely no way to tell, since I'm not actually a modder :)
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Welp, this pretty much confirms it:

"- Only Humans, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs may become Shamans"

Taken from the Shaman class specifics thread.
    edited March 2016
    Axl_Krow said:

Welp, this pretty much confirms it:

"- Only Humans, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs may become Shamans"

Taken from the Shaman class specifics thread.

I'm fairly certain that this will be moddable, at least.

Edit: oh, you are referring to the absence of a goblin. That doesn't mean that it won't be possible to add races (though, I do kinda doubt that will be possible)
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    Can we then mod in classes too? I still yearn for my druid/mage.
    BlackorbGrammarsaladsimples
    Dazzu said:

Unless they made some drastic change that they haven't announced, this will not be possible, unfortunately (outside some keeper shenanigans)
    Wurstschorsch
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

Dazzu said:

Unless they made some drastic change that they haven't announced, this will not be possible, unfortunately (outside some keeper shenanigans)
    We know that they replaced the Barbarian class slot with the Shaman. And then relocated it together with the other Fighter kits. There's also the fact that they expanded the "9 kits per class limit" thingy. Theoretically making the GUI the least of our problems concerning inserting additional custom classes to the game. Whenever there are still hardcodings blocking the way here though, I have no idea.

( randomly tagging @AlexT @Cerevant @CamDawg for some insights of future modding possibilities on this front )