Skip to content

BG1 Characters to IWD

10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
Apologies in advance if my question seems a bit stupid. However can I export my BG1 characters to IWD. If so how do you do it. I have a level 7 cleric /level 8 thief and I would like to see her advance in levels. I have also heard their is a mod that can allow you to go up to level 40. I completed BG1 years ago but missed out on the TOSC so would like to keep playing with my character still advancing in levels. Thanks for any help you can advise.
Post edited by 10Bazza11 on

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    edited March 2016
    BG/BG2 characters cannot be exported to IWD/IWD2.

BG1 has a 161,000 XP cap. I'm certain that there are mods that can remove the limit, but I've never cared to try it since I would eventually just export my character to BG2. I'm not sure if Shadowkeeper/EE Keeper can be used to remove the cap.

Edit: Are you asking whether your BG1 character from years ago can be exported? Are you not playing the EE versions?
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    No my character from my recent BGEE run it is at max level. I know I need a mod to make it advance higher in BGEE but have not found one yet and probably would not know how to use it any way. So I thought in the interim I could take her to IWDEE to have some fun while I find out about the mod thing for BGEE. Thanks for replying though.