Skip to content

Never used Minsc - am I really missing out?

I've never actually used Minsc. Am I really missing out?

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    He's pretty entertaining, especially in BG2, and he's a solid NPC. I wouldn't say you're missing some huge portion of the game or anything, but most people seem to enjoy at least a run or two with the guy.
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473

I've never actually used Minsc. Am I really missing out?

Yes and no. He's the signature NPC of the series and is entertaining, but he's probably a bit overrated. Mechanically, he definitely hits hard, but his AC and HP aren't the best.

• PhooeyPhooey Member Posts: 17
    Minsc and Boo aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I love them. Good npc, I give him a 2 handed weapon in BG1 and early parts of BG2 then dual flails later and it works for me. In BG2 hes funny and to this day his epilogue still brings tears to my eyes.

and Boo.... they are must haves for my playthroughs =)
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Member Posts: 65
    To use Minsc this time I suppose I'll have to drop my beloved Kivan. Although I'm wanting to do something different. To be honest, I really haven't played this game since 1998. :) So perhaps it'll be:

Me - human fighter berserker
    Imoen
    Ajantis
    Minsc
    Viconia
    Neera
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    The Problem with Minsc is not so much Minsc but that he comes only with Dynaheir unless you feel cheesy and Murder her...but that's abuse of the mechanic and you can get far better Wizards in BG1.

If you decide to "Remove" his witch then you are left with an OK ranger, the only thing speaking for him is his high strength ,
    if you can dig his whole "hit too often in the head talks to rodent" routine and want the one off funny comment he utters every few Hours then go for it.

if you rather have someone useful take like ..Kagain.. he comes with whooping 20 Constitution , and heals himself fully between every map travel/rest which eases up on your Party Clerics and he comes with no other companions you have to drag along.

Or Dorn . who outclasses Minsc in Strength, got one more Armorclass and is a bloody badass.

as for BG2 , Minsc has Grown better at Rangering getting 16 Dex and Con , his attachments are gone but he is still the same rodent talking dimwit.

you ether love or hate Minsc.

i decently remove him after Villa Irenicus , and only take him that far because im a Pragmatic and like that extra Bagspace