Skip to content

Cespenar's crafting components

sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
So I made the mistake of selling my WK and SOA loot of Star Sapphires and Diamonds to the last merchant, Reirra, in the elven city in SOA. Any merchants I can buy Sapphires off, or should I reload my earlier save? Might be able to find one due to v2.0 creating multiple saves.

[edited title]
Post edited by sansserif on

Comments

• SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    Lazarus maybe ? The wizard in Saradush (then Amkhetran later)
  • KykuyKykuy Member Posts: 30
    Carras the smuggler in Amkethran. But only in chapter 9.
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 664
    As I recall, there are enough Diamonds and Star Sapphires hidden in containers in TOB (although many are in Watcher's Keep) to upgrade Cespenar's items if necessary.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    Fire giants drop them.
    I currently have so many on my run it's annoying as I don't neeed the money at all.
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    edited March 2016
    Thanks, already got them in Saradush and drops from fire giants (not in marching mountains, though). The biggest q now is how to get another ring of invisibility for Thieves Hood.
    Post edited by sansserif on
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    can't help you with the ring,
    but has anyone compiled a list with any ingredient needed for all those item upgrades?
    Could come in handy for the Baldurs Saga run
    edited March 2016
    @Yamcha Found this online: http://www.dethguild.com/baldurs-gate/cespenars-recipes/

I could probably EEkeeper the ring and take out some of my gold

Haeravon's walkthrough on Gamefaqs also has a compiled list of Cespenar's recipes, basically what you need to craft.

Additionally Neera has a NPC companion quest that leads you to a merchant that sells the ring and many SoA items like the Golden Girdle of Urnst (mage stronghold quest reward) but I don't like her.

By the way, your name is a commonly used phrase in my country for "let's have a drink" , usually this drink means tea ("cha").
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    It's also character from Dragon Ball. The comic author used a lot of pun names for his characters. But its fitting, I drink a lot of tea :wink:
    @Yamcha found the ring of invis on a Mind Flayer merchant in Neera's TOB quest. Got the Hood; it's on Hexxat now. However got a bunch of items nobody in my party could use, like the Bladesinger Chain, the Bard's gloves, and the Oaken Ring, which however, sell well. Maybe the game dev's probably prepared these items in case the PC would be a druid, a bard or a multiclass fighter mage.