Skip to content

New Kit Idea

bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Not sure if any modders have done this, but how about a "sorcerer" ability for the cleric/druid (I'm going to call this kit Druidic Priest under the class Druid)? Like the sorcerer for mage spells, the Druidic Priest get to pick max of 5 priest spells per level and dont need to memorize them.

Druidic Priest
Advantage:
-Can choose both cleric and druid spells at leveling up
-No memorization needed

Disadvantage:
-max of 5 spells per spell level
-cannot shapeshift
-cannot turn undead
-cannot dual or multiclass

Not sure if this kit is balanced. I just feel that there should be a "sorcerer" for the cleric and druid spellcasters.

Edit: Also should add the knock spell as a priest spell so that they can solo the game too.

Comments

• BoasterBoaster Member Posts: 622
    It's a neat idea.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    So basically it is a druid version of the favoured soul.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    elminster said:

So basically it is a druid version of the favoured soul.

Sounds more like the druid version of Favored Soul to me, the Spirit Shaman.
    Right. See I was thinking the Spirit Shaman initially but I could not remember from NWN2 if it had its own spells or if it used druid spells.
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    edited September 2012
    So what would their armour and weapon restrictions be?
    I'm guessing Druidic weapons and armours as their restrictions are from a role playing perspective, makes sense?
    Wouldn't make sense for a druid to be in full plate with a warhammer.
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    Interesting, kind of a neat idea.

Also am I the only one who's always wanted a Mage/Druid? XD Unfortunately that kinda doesn't make much sense, and it's against 2e rules.
    edited September 2012
    I kind of feel like having mage spells would be nice for a druid (particularly tensors transformation) but not necessary. You already get lots of summoning spells as one, if you are an avenger you get access to among other things improved invisibility (which is really nice for defence) to go along with Iron Skins. Druids could certainly benefit from more spells, but I kind of feel like a mage/druid split would not really gain enough spells to compliment the class to be worth the level slowdown.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    Quartz said:

Also am I the only one who's always wanted a Mage/Druid? XD Unfortunately that kinda doesn't make much sense, and it's against 2e rules.

There is a bg2 kit mod called geomantic sorcerer that is a combination of sorcerer and druid. But the kit is extremely unbalanced as it gain high level spells that are too overpower. I think combining cleric and druid is less op than mage and druid.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    Quartz said:

Play an Avenger.

*flies off in the distance*
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    OP, learn to mod and then you can see your dream become a reality.
  • ST4TICStrikerST4TICStriker Member Posts: 162
    But Clerics need to pray to their gods everyday!

.......Otherwise they get lonely :(