Skip to content

Is it possible to move the Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition (documents) folder and subfolders...

fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
edited March 2016 in Troubleshooting
...including the save folder, obviously?
I am playing the game on personal PC, my Android devices AND the PC I use at work. That PC has storing files on a network server as the default choice, which I have been trying to override. I want to use the \users\username\documents folder on the local hard drive instead. But BGEE won't recognize this (even though I have set Windows to use that location as default for storing documents). And there isn't any config file I am able to find that says anything about save locations.
Any hope of solving this? I'll even reinstall if that helps - but I want to know if that really helps before I do so.
Post edited by fkirenicus on

Comments

• fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331
    Nope, reinstalling did NOT help.
  • little_ducklinglittle_duckling Member Posts: 16
    You could try using environmental variables prior to launching the game on the CLI:
    APPDATA="C:\place\you\want\BGFolder" BauldursGateII
    LOCALAPPDATA is another possibility.

Put that line in a .bat file and you can double click on it. Sorry I don't have Windows so I can't test this out.

LOL you're playing this at work.
  • fkirenicusfkirenicus Member Posts: 331

LOL you're playing this at work.

Well, not AT work... But since it's just pointless dragging two computers around those few times I am at meetings or conferences or what have you in another place than the town where I live, I've installed the game on my work computer so that I might play BG in my hotel room if I don't want to hang in bars and get drunk like most of colleagues do. :smiley: