Skip to content

Wild Mage - how to see the surge roll?

Is there a way to see what the wild mage rolled out of 100 for a wild surge? The last time it said Swirly Things but I had no idea what number that was on the table.

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    The full surge table is in the manual IIRC you may search the lines to match the game wild surge text and see for the number rolled. There may be a few duplications on the table, though. Other than that I know of no way.
  • GlorfindelGlorfindel Member Posts: 65
    lunar said:

The full surge table is in the manual IIRC you may search the lines to match the game wild surge text and see for the number rolled. There may be a few duplications on the table, though. Other than that I know of no way.

Unfortunately I couldn't find "Swirly Things."
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    IG I have no idea how you'd do that beyond editing every WM spell (the spells conjured by wild surges) to make them display the number roll, which sounds like a bit of work. It's not perfect either because a fair number of wild surges don't call any particular spell.

WILDMAG.2da seems to be the actual surge table, and gives the strref of the actual strings used by surges. From there it's just a matter of matching the strref with the actual string you saw and you get the number rolled and the effect conjured (if any).
    For example, "Swirly things" seems to be at 31765. This indicates a roll of 57, which calls for the spell SPWM157, which displays said swirly things.