Skip to content

Luck's spell description is incorrect

Ark_ToleiArk_Tolei Member Posts: 69
edited March 2016 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
The luck spell gives a relatively good explanation of what the stat is supposed to do, and while I'm not positive about the actual implementation in-game, I can verify that it is not working as described. The attach file function doesn't appear to be working, so I've linked to an unlisted video where I demonstrate that luck does not increase minimum damage dealt, or reduce damage taken.

Edit: While testing Black Bess off-camera, I was able to verify that the luck effect is giving an invisible modifier to thaco, as demonstrated in the attack rolls. You can probably see it in the original video. That said, none of the other effects of luck are functioning.

Edit 2: I've installed the GoG version of icewind dale, and I can confirm that the attack bonus effect is still working the same as the original. It appears that luck is simply an extremely weak statistic, that has very little overall impact. This bug seems to be a simple description error, as the original game's luck spell does not suggest it gives the far reaching impacts that the EE description (taken from BG I assume) does. It does have an extremely tempting "etc." in it that could easily lead to wild speculation, however.

https://youtu.be/FXimBDNyOkg

Post edited by Ark_Tolei on