Skip to content

Help with Big World Project install

UlysissUlysiss Member Posts: 18
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hey everyone,

I'm going to run through the trilogy between now and November. I haven't been able to play BG in a while because I could never get it to work on Windows 7. After perusing the forums today I checked out the BGT site and, by extension the Big World Project. I'm going to give it a try.

My question is this; do I need to install BG1 and BG2 before I run the BIGinstall.bat? or do I run that first and it will install both games for me? I've never done this sort of thing before and my knowledge is seriously lacking in how these things work. I have downloaded the ( extremely informative ) PDF tutorial from Spellhold but it doesn't make it completely clear.

Any help would be much appreciated.

PS. If anyone has any other advice regarding using this pack, even if unrelated to my question that would also be great.

- Ulysiss

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    You install both games first and then move on to the .bat, which I believe contains instructions for installing the rest, including a lot of mods. This should all be in the manual if you read carefully.
  • kiroskiros Member Posts: 119
    edited September 2012
    What Shin said, from what I recall when I last installed Bigworld it will prompt you with a list of possible mods to install, because of the large quantity of mods included some will be flagged as red (high probability of incompatibility/conflicting with other mods) while most will be flagged green (safe) so just take a minute to look at what each mod intends to change e.g. SCS and tactics are incompatible with each other.

Choosing the "standard" installation is probably the best way to go.
    Other then that, it should be a relatively simple process ;)
  • Ascension64Ascension64 Member Posts: 560
    edited September 2012
    You might get some extra pointers from the forum 'residents' if you also register post at http://www.shsforums.net/forum/192-big-picture/
    Good support team over there, and not all of them graze over these pastures.
  • UlysissUlysiss Member Posts: 18
    Thanks guys, its going well. My current problem now is the widescreen mod. Ive set it to 1280x720 and the graphics are the right size, certainly but its all grainy and unclear - any ideas?