Skip to content

Random Encounters not spawning or not there

GraypGrayp Member Posts: 16
Sorry but this is still happening:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/23771/known-4605-bg2ee-quick-load-enemies-disappear/p1

How can this still be a problem 3 years down the road??

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    What version of the game are you running?
  • GraypGrayp Member Posts: 16
    Im using v1.3.2064 (on steam) with SCS installed
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
    edited March 2016
    As far as im aware that's always how it has been even way back in the original BG. Random enemy spawns are dependent on a RNG and this is randomized every time you load the game. There fore if you save and load the game you may or may not have the enemies there next time. The only ones that will always be there are scripted fights/encounters.

Edit: I apologize if im missing some important information but the post you linked was rather long so i didn't read it all. So unless there are specific scripted non random encounter events that were not triggering I believe its working as intended.
  • GraypGrayp Member Posts: 16
    Sorry but that just is not true. In the original BG, random encounters did not mean that it would randomly spawn or not (rather the content/amount of mobs in the encounter had a random element). In any case - it is not random at all - its there then its gone on reload, not matter how many times you try.

Note: I have not re-tested this since my original post, so unsure if it has been fixed.