Skip to content

I have a question about the new UI.

DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
what is this button? It doesn't seem to do anything noticeable.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    On touch screens, it allows you to drag-select multiple party members.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Since I also play BG:EE on my tablet I didn't even think twice when I saw that button in the beta, but now that I think about it, why is a "tablet only" button in the desktop version of the UI?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited March 2016
    cmk24 said:

Since I also play BG:EE on my tablet I didn't even think twice when I saw that button in the beta, but now that I think about it, why is a "tablet only" button in the desktop version of the UI?

Because there are windows 10 tablets with touchscreens. There's no distinction between a PC running windows and a tablet running windows. They both run the same program.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Amberion said:

cmk24 said:

Because there are windows 10 tablets with touchscreens. There's no distinction between a PC running windows and a tablet running windows. They both run the same program.
    However, the Windows version of BG:EE 1.3 didn't really support touchscreens. A touch and drag on the screen would be recognized as a click and drag instead of moving the screen around the area.

Has this changed? I don't currently have access to a touchscreen Windows device.
  • luskanluskan Member Posts: 269
    @Dee I noticed those top two buttons are not in BG2EE. Will they be added?