Skip to content

Just pre-ordered, but I have a tiny question, more relevant now that the date has been pushed

JoricJoric Member Posts: 1
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
With there being a special surprise in store for people that pre-ordered, is that regarding people who pre-ordered before today, before September 19th, or everyone up until November 30th?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I heard a rumor that they're creating a new item, the "Hackmaster +12", which your character will acquire after killing Shank in Candlekeep.

It may or may not be a weapon you can wield.
  • rnor6084rnor6084 Member Posts: 1

I'm not sure. I read it as it being those who are waiting for the release, will experience something special, for everyone, not just those who pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered on Thursday and used one of the coupon codes to get the game for $5.99. Let me go read that thread again!

EDIT:

"To all who have pre-ordered, we ask for your patience as we move toward our final release date -- and we will be working on something a little extra for you. To all who have volunteered, we thank you for your dedication and support."

Well, looks like I did read it wrong. I don't think you need to worry. I'm thinking anyone who pre-ordered, regardless of timeline, would receive this.

What is this coupon you speak of?

• BG2BG2 Member Posts: 19
    Yes, do tell, what is the coupon??
  • JoricJoric Member Posts: 1
    That coupon does sound mysterious, but alas having already pre-ordered it doesn't make much of a difference unless I cancel my pre-order and do it all over again. Anyway, thanks alot Sylvus_Moonbow and Aosaw !
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited September 2012
    Definitive list of all DLC so far:

collectors edition:
    Character starts the game with a strength and con stat tome

premium edition:
    Ring of greater wizardry as a gift from gorion. Potion of permanent +10HP purchasable from candlekeep inn for 30gp
    Unlocks the duelist kit

Preorder bonus:
    Tome of exalted deeds/ Book of vile darkness item codes included
    Scroll of wish

Gamestop retail unique dlc:
    Hand and eye of vecna

Ultimate edition:
    A new NPC at the freindly arm inn call shanky mckillsome, a half elf multiclassed assassin with str dex and con 19 and a piwafwi cloak immune to the effects of daylight.

Steam exclusive DLC:
    9 new character kits based of Team Fortess 2 classes.

Bonus Item offered if BG:EE hits 100000 preorders:
    Elminster's Pipe

it's all very tastefully done. You don't *Need* any of it. It's just for people who like extra shinies :O)
  • mixnmatchmixnmatch Member Posts: 20
    ajwz said:

collectors edition:

premium edition:
    Ring of greater wizardry as a gift from gorion. Potion of permanent +10HP purchasable from candlekeep inn for 30gp
    Unlocks the duelist kit

Preorder bonus:
    Scroll of wish

Hand and eye of vecna

Ultimate edition:
    A new NPC at the freindly arm inn call shanky mckillsome, a half elf multiclassed assassin with str dex and con 19 and a piwafwi cloak immune to the effects of daylight.

Steam exclusive DLC:

Elminster's Pipe

it's all very tastefully done. You don't *Need* any of it. It's just for people who like extra shinies :O)

When I preordered off of beamdog, I don't recall being asked which edition of baldurs gate EE I wanted. Because that ring of wizardry from Gordon would sure come in handy for my male elf sorcerer.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    mixnmatch said:

ajwz said:

collectors edition:

premium edition:
    Unlocks the duelist kit

Preorder bonus:
    Scroll of wish

Hand and eye of vecna

Ultimate edition:

Steam exclusive DLC:

Elminster's Pipe

When I preordered off of beamdog, I don't recall being asked which edition of baldurs gate EE I wanted. Because that ring of wizardry from Gordon would sure come in handy for my male elf sorcerer.
    Haha please don't take that seriously :p
    There is nothing like that happening, honest.
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    I honestly hope that the bonus applies to all of us who order the game before November 30th. The delay has affected everyone around the forums, not just the people who have pre-ordered.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    edited September 2012
    I admit to being a bit annoyed at the thought of being left out. I only heard about the game recently and didn't get to preorder before yesterday because of it hehe.

I'm not sure. I read it as it being those who are waiting for the release, will experience something special, for everyone, not just those who pre-ordered.

I pre-ordered on Thursday and used one of the coupon codes to get the game for $5.99. Let me go read that thread again!

PLEASE tell us! I wanna see about getting my dad a copy as well, but money is really tight now and this time of year in general, gearing up for the holidays.
  • mixnmatchmixnmatch Member Posts: 20
    @ajwz don't worry I slapped myself in the face and called me stupid to save you the trouble. Your post went straight over my head.