Skip to content

Ipad questions -export saves and Jailbreak

catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
Hi guys.

Two questions as we await 2.0. first one is, will the same 'export save' workaround that currently exists in BG1 EE be implements for BG2 EE.

Second question, I've Jailbroken my ipad to install some of the wonderful mods the community has put together. Will updating to 2.0 remove all of those mods if I were to do it?

Thanks

Comments

• ChackChack Member Posts: 23
    An additional question regarding iPad. Will it be possibke to delete pregenerated characters from the in-game? Currently we have to reinstall the game to delete all our exported characters or jailbreak the iPad to access the character files through the computer and delete them manually, which is really annoying.

If there already exists an easier way thet i am unaware of, i will appreciate if yo could tell me.
  • FranpaFranpa Member Posts: 637
    Updating to 2.0 shouldn't remove your mods, however they can be incompatible with the new version and should be removed until the mod author develops a new compatible version. I wouldn't use mods designed to work with a beta as a beta is prone to frequent updates and it would be annoying waiting for mod devs to update their work each time.
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Updating generally removes mods, as it clears out the override folder. I have no idea if that works the same on iOS, though.

That said, you should be able to reinstall the mods. Note that this will likely break your saves, and some mods may not be fully compatible with 2.0.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    It is always best to re-install mods when there is a game update.

2.0 will have the long-tap export / save game import capability that is in...I forget :) But it is there now.