Skip to content

Android version of BGII will no longer download w/Marshmallow

KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
I just updated my Moto G2 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow and can no longer download and install Baldur's Gate II. I had been able to download and run the game with Lollipop, but since the update it won't download. No error message or anything, it just sits there saying "downloading" but doesn't display a progress bar or, well, actually download anything as far as I can tell. I left it there for a couple of hours thinking maybe it just needed some time...still nothing. I've restarted my phone, cleared the data and cache for the Play store and Google Play Services, still no dice. Other apps download just fine, including very large ones. Any ideas? Any workaround for getting it onto my android? Can I download the android version onto my computer, for example, and copy the files to my phone? Thanks. :)

Comments

• KalesraKalesra Member Posts: 234
    Well, never mind. Got it to work. Haha, sorry.

In case anyone else has the same issue, this is what was wrong:

Marshmallow lets you "adopt" your SD card as internal storage. I have very little internal storage so I decided to do that because otherwise there's not enough space for my precious BGII without uninstalling literally every other app that one is allowed to uninstall.

However, after you format the SD card as internal storage, it asks you if you would like to move some files over to the card from the main storage. I said no. What I didn't realize is that until you move those files over to the SD card it won't be used as the preferred storage location when downloading apps. A bit silly that you can't just toggle that option somewhere, but whatever.

There wasn't enough space for the game and for whatever reason, Play just wasn't telling me that. Once I moved the files over, making my adopted SD card the default location for downloading apps, it worked just fine.