Skip to content

Bards

Is there a simple way to create a illegal race class combo with EE Keeper? I'm pondering a Gnomish bard. Legal under Second Edition rules so I dont feel bad about it but not sure how to get it properly generated.

Comments

• PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    That's a good question. My first thought would be to create a Human Bard, and simply change the race and stats as applicable. I'm not sure if the race-specific stats are dependent upon the actual race being changed through EE Keeper, or if they'd have to be changed separately.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Yeah not sure how to get shorty saves and proper pick pocket modifiers. Do I roll up a gnome illusionist or fighter and change him to level zero bard in keeper? I'm not sure
  • PhilhelmPhilhelm Member Posts: 473
    Regarding the saves, it makes me wonder if it would be better to limit Constitution up to a point that there is still no save bonus during character creation, and EE Keeper in some Tomes to raise Constitution in game after the race/class is changed. Perhaps the shorty saves could be ensured that way by forcing a calculation? I'm not really sure though.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    The G3 Tweakpack has an option that removes race/class restrictions. The easiest thing to do would probably be to install that.
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    I played a Halfling bard not too long ago. I think I rolled a Halfling Thief and the Keepered him to L0 Bard... I didn't notice any inconsistencies.