Skip to content

Semi-Solo Playthrough Recommendations

So I've been desiring to do a playthrough in a 'Mildly-Solo' fashion. Meaning, for most of the journey I'm alone, however, if I'm doing, let's say, Korgan's quest, I'd have him accompany me for the duration of the task before sending him on his murderous way, and so on and so forth for others. I myself am leaning toward a Rogue-ish class, but I know that would be a bit hellish to do solo. Anything you, the Reader, would recommend? As well, any possible mods that might enhance the experience?

Comments

• PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    edited March 2016
    Having thief skills would be very helpful as you'll only occasionally have one along for the ride.

Fighter/Thief is an obvious option. You'd have the Fighter skills to help you in combat, as well as the Thief skills when needed. You'd level very fast even semi-solo, so you gain points towards Thieving skills quickly.

Cleric/Thief is another very interesting combo, and probably the one I recommend. All the Thief perks, with the bonus of Cleric spells. You can give yourself some insane buffs, and Sanctuary is basically a level 1 Invisibility spell. Armor of Faith and Sanctuary will fill your many level 1 slots. Level 3 slots will go to amassing a huge army of undead to do your bidding. Clerics also get some good damaging spells, especially against demons and undead. Implosion is pretty freakin great too.
  • MoonheartMoonheart Member Posts: 520
    I have made something like that in one of my playthrough @ShavVic
    Like you, I prefered to manage a single character, and yet, I carve to read the stories of everyone

Two things made me stop the playthrough:

1- First, rogues are rather dull to play in solo, you have to hit and run, you lack a tons of defenses against enemy spells... and so, you need a lot of patience... and at the same time... alas, as soon you have someone with you, you can't hit and run efficiently anymore because your companion can't do the same as you
    Shadowdancer are a bit more efficient for that because they can hide in plain sight, and thus, use the companiong as a decoy to backstab, backstab... but that's just a bit

2- There is a lot of need for loot at the first half of the game, and harvesting loot with only one inventory, and a low str character, is annoying

Honestly, I do think I won't try something like that again using a plain rogue
  • antimatter3009antimatter3009 Member Posts: 24
    Consider a F/M/T maybe. Since you level so fast when soloing, you lose very little compared to a F/T but gain many very useful spells.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I actually really like thieves for solo. They shine with a lot of intense micromanagement, and that can be a pain in parties, but in solo play what else are you gonna do with your time? Wouldn't hurt to mix some fighter and/or mage into that also, though, for situations where backstab is hard or impossible to leverage.