Skip to content

A New BGEE Run

Any benefits to waiting for the 2.0 patch to start a new game before SOD, or are the tweaks to BGEE minimal, aside from the new class?

Comments

• rjmacreadyrjmacready Member Posts: 91
    edited March 2016
    Content wise I think its only the shaman class thats added.

Other than that I think ita UI inprovements and difficulty improvements.

I dont know if enemy AI gets tweaked in BG1 and 2 or if thats just SoD exclusive. Probably just SoD I guess.

Personally Im finishing up a BGEE playthrough now so that I can experience all the new features straight alongside SoD so its going to be just like when playing BG1 or BG2 for the first time.
  • jedediah3jedediah3 Member Posts: 7
    Thank you, I may just sit tight then. Time plenty for a run from scratch down the road. Wasn't sure if new content bleeds over into the city of Baldur's Gate experience.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I think the level 1 NPC update is pretty much why I'm waiting. I want to pick the party I really like and develop it exactly how I imagine it.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    PK2748 wrote: »
    I think the level 1 NPC update is pretty much why I'm waiting. I want to pick the party I really like and develop it exactly how I imagine it.

What do you mean by lvl 1 NPC?
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Lifat wrote: »

When you recruit an npc they'll be level 1 until you level them up so that you can choose their skills and proficiencies.
  • NatregNatreg Member Posts: 100
    Elendar wrote: »
    Lifat wrote: »

When you recruit an npc they'll be level 1 until you level them up so that you can choose their skills and proficiencies.

I think that should be optional...

Leveling up the main char from the beggining makes sense, but If I find a high level party member I expect that he would already have certain abilities and equipment. The selection of his abilities and profiencies actually makes him have a more defined personality.

It's good to have the option, but it shouldn't be forced.
  • PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    I'm just curious how it will work with Shar Teel. You fight her with her swords and daggers and then suddenly she's an archer?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    This 'improvement' doesn't change their class or kit or choices made at level 1. It doesn't allow you to do anything that you couldn't do already by rushing over there.

What it does, is always encounter their lowest level variants, and then grant them additional XP, so you can level them up manually.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Awesome news! I agree that it would be nice if it was optional, because I'm always in favor of options. Personally I'd always use that option and have untill now used mods to do the same.

@jedediah3: You don't have to wait untill patch 2.0 if you aren't interested in the shaman/cleric kit/new UI.