Skip to content

xp cap for bg2 after sod

Hi guys

I wondered if the xp cap in bg 2 would be influenced by sod (and if yes how so; is the cap in bg2 removed?) Im asking because i was always hitting the xp cap in my bg2 games (including tob). And there is the powerfull combo fighter/thief/mage who couldnt really shine lategame because you couldnt get out the devastating greater whirlwind/timestop combo like a "simple" fighter mage combination could...

Thanks for any info (and i hope i posted it at the right place ;-)

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    XP cap in BG2EE is the same as it was (8 million xp)
  • RashkaRashka Member Posts: 11
    ty 4 the answer. So just fighter/mage it will be again ;)
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Rashka: SoD raises the cap from 161k to 500k, a total of a 339k increase. Compared to the 8000k cap of BG2, that's pretty insignificant.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Rashka wrote: »
    Hi guys

I wondered if the xp cap in bg 2 would be influenced by sod (and if yes how so; is the cap in bg2 removed?) Im asking because i was always hitting the xp cap in my bg2 games (including tob). And there is the powerfull combo fighter/thief/mage who couldnt really shine lategame because you couldnt get out the devastating greater whirlwind/timestop combo like a "simple" fighter mage combination could...

Thanks for any info (and i hope i posted it at the right place ;-)

Havent you ever tried a Xp cap remover? It is very easy to instal and takes away the cap "problems"

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    One day I'll figure out how people reach 8 million experience. I've never even hit 7 million, and I'm generally pretty thorough.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Jarrakul wrote: »
    One day I'll figure out how people reach 8 million experience. I've never even hit 7 million, and I'm generally pretty thorough.

Soloing. With a six member party I think it is inpossible without cheating. Not enough xp in the game.
  • InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    helmo1977 said:

Jarrakul wrote: »

Soloing. With a six member party I think it is inpossible without cheating. Not enough xp in the game.

I'm almost positive if you play through all the small stuff along the way before hitting the end of SoA, you can hit the cap with 6. Don't quote me, though. There is also the new LoB mode, which promotes a higher level playthrough.
  • GloomfrostGloomfrost Member Posts: 261
    edited March 2016
    there are plenty of locations to farm xp in BG2. Some are really fun and profitable. It may take some time but hitting 8 million xp for all characters is possible, though i do solo myself.
  • RashkaRashka Member Posts: 11
    Well first of all ty for all the answers

I think its possible to hit the xp cap with a party consisting of 6 members (althought i dont have always 5 npcs with me since i got to switch them to do all the quests and i'm often to lazy to micromanage 5 npcs... ;), also dont forget cool stuff like the card "Throne" in the deck of many etc.
    No i never tried an cap-remover since i realy suck with computers (but if its easy enough to install i think i give it a try)