Skip to content

Screen resolution

AcreidisAcreidis Member Posts: 3
edited September 2012 in Archive (General Discussion)
Hi, dunno if this was asked before, But will it support a 2560 x 1440 resolution? Im the type of player who hate playing on window mode it just ruins the experience at some point. Before I used to use bgTUTU and other mods for it to support such resolution and it looks amazing.

Would like to know if it will support it out of the box.

Thanks!

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I believe the maximum resolution is 2048x1536, which is what it needs to run smoothly on the 3rd-Generation iPad. It will support that natively; anything above that you might need to use a mod for.

That's a pretty huge monitor, though!
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    @Acreidis

You know you can play at a lower (aspect ratio correct) resolution, fullscreen? That would almost definitely look better than playing in your native resolution, where characters and art appear tiny and are hard to appreciate.
  • AcreidisAcreidis Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!
  • FrostikenFrostiken Member Posts: 11
    I take it that means the UI scaling isn't going to be fixed? Playing at high resolutions is abysmal because of that...
    The UI should scale just fine. But it'll be scaled, if you're using a monitor with super-3rd Gen. iPad resolutions. Anything smaller than a 3rd Generation iPad's resolution will scale without any sort of "blurriness", as I understand it.
  • AcreidisAcreidis Member Posts: 3
    I remember using a mod to raise the resolution thats why,. I think it was BGTUTU or something else.
    You're thinking of the Widescreen mod. Incidentally, it shouldn't take too much work to make that same mod compatible with BG:EE, and the result will be something that is a little bit less eye-scratching.
  • CaerdonCaerdon Member Posts: 10
    I'll be severy disappointed if it won't support my three-year-old 30 inch 2560x1600 monitor. High-res displays are only going to get more popular, and this project was supposed to add longevity to the series...
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    You know, I used to use the widescreen mod at 1776x1000, and I've gotten to where I like to just play these older games in plain old 860x640, or whatever those default numbers are, with letterbox stripes on the sides. I don't like the zoom-out effect. It makes my toons look like ants, and it makes the cities and landscapes look like I'm looking at them from an airplane, spoiling my immersion.

I look forward to seeing if the enhanced editions will solve this problem with the zoom tool. I am curious what the games would look like in high definition resolution while staying zoomed in on the toons.
    @Caerdon the UI will still operate on a high-resolution screen; but natively it's designed with the iPad's resolution in mind.

In any case, there is still room for patches later on that increase its capabilities on higher resolution monitors.
  • triclops41triclops41 Member Posts: 207
    So we know what the largest 4:3 rez is, any info where they list the largest 16:10 or 16:9 rez?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    edited September 2012
    The game supports any resolution you can throw at it and I do not believe there is any hardcoded limit as to how high it can go, besides what your hardware is capable of. I haven't personally tested it with anything higher than 1920x1200 however. Would be nice if @nop could confirm.