Skip to content

v2.0 Update - Release Notes Attached

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
The full, official release notes for the v2.0 update are attached at the bottom of this post. It details all of the changes to BG:EE, BGII:EE, and the Infinity Engine as a whole. It also includes a section that's just for modders talking about some of the new opcodes, triggers, and actions that the update adds, as well as a collection of guides to help UI enthusiasts get their feet wet tinkering with the new UI system. The document clocks in at just over 30 pages; you won't want to miss it.

The TL;DR Version

- New Class: The Shaman
- New Cleric Kit: The Priest of Tyr
- Class Ability Tweak: Poison Weapon now scales with levels
- Item Tweak: Stupefier +1 has been adjusted to be more in line with the game's other equipment
- Spell Tweak: Enchanted Weapon now modifies the target's existing weapons
- Items can now be placed in the Off-Hand slot while ranged and two-handed weapons are equipped
- Steam Cloud Save support has been added (Steam only)
- Achievements have been added (Steam only)
- The User Interface has been overhauled with a new system
- Dozens of modder-friendly enhancements
- Hundreds of bug fixes

This is our biggest update ever, and it applies to both Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition and Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition. We have a lot of improvements planned in the coming weeks and months as well; stay tuned for more information!

Comments

• lololo555lololo555 Member Posts: 66
    Do i need to wipe out my heavily modded game for that?
  • GigaGiga Member Posts: 1
    How do I dl the patch?
  • noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
    edited April 2016
    Post edited by noctem93 on
  • FredSRichardsonFredSRichardson Member Posts: 465
    @Dee - wow, that is truly an awesome set up updates. The Beta's have been growing on me and I won't turn back.

You guys even picked my favorite number for the UI chargen tutorial - lucky 92 =D
  • AMOCAMOC Member Posts: 2
    Can i download it manuell anywhere? I have gog version and its still v1.3 :(
  • CaptainTingTangCaptainTingTang Member Posts: 36
    AMOC said:

Can i download it manuell anywhere? I have gog version and its still v1.3 :(

I'd like to know this too please.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Unfortunately you'll have to wait until GoG updates to 2.0.
  • searsear Member Posts: 2
    It appears to be out now on GOG.com as well. I started a new playthrough of BG2 over the weekend so it's nice to see all the QOL updates.
  • CaptainTingTangCaptainTingTang Member Posts: 36
    Just downloaded the v2 from GOG, great stuff! One minor niggle though, I seem to have little black vertical lines to the sides of my character sprites :(
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286

Just downloaded the v2 from GOG, great stuff! One minor niggle though, I seem to have little black vertical lines to the sides of my character sprites :(

It's a bug, it has been reported.

• noctem93noctem93 Member Posts: 63
    I see that Sorc's have min CHA requirements but I don't see anything about that in the Release Notes. Am I missing something? Does this mean that CHA is being implemented as their primary stat now?
  • AlonsoAlonso Member Posts: 806
    The release notes document is quite impressive. A big step forward from old txt files :wink:

A suggestion for future documents: The section about fixes is quite long, and it mixes general fixes which are interesting for most of us with super weird stuff about opcodes and params which mere mortals like miself no understand. Separating the different types of fixes into several subsections would help to get the picture of what was improved.
This discussion has been closed.