Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How to get transparent sidebars

mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
edited April 2016 in UI Modding
If you would like transparent sidebars to give you back more of your screen real estate, just use the attached files and copy them to the BG or BG2 \override folder. They should scale as far as I can tell.

Super easy to make if you have GIMP or another good editing program. With GIMP I just choose New, set the image size to 80 pixels wide by 1536 tall, click Advanced options, then change the Fill with box with Transparency.

Then click OK to create it. Next you need to Save it, GIMP saves to the .xcf format, and finally Do an Export As .png format.

Copy the .png files to the BG2 \override folder with the names GUIWLSP.PNG and GUIWRSP.PNG. Restart the game if you have it started, the F5 reload didn't seem to work for this one.

To see where this is located, for instance if you want to something different than the normal sidebar and not transparent, just open the \override\UI.menu file using a good text editor like Notepad++ and remember to choose Language, Lua for better visibility. Sadly, this can only be done in BG2 for now it seems.

Here is the left sidebar code. You can change the sizes to match your images as needed. x = 80 and y = 1536 in my examples.
	label
	{
		name 'leftSidebarBackground'
		area 0 0 80 1536
		mosaic GUIWLSP
	}
	label
	{

area 0 1536 80 1536
		mosaic GUIWLSP
	}
And a little further down is the right sidebar.
	label
	{
		name 'rightSidebarBackground'
		area 0 0 80 1536
		mosaic GUIWRSP
	}
	label
	{
		area 0 1536 80 1536
		mosaic GUIWRSP
	}

If you don't see BG2 \override, try hitting F11 while the game is open, then hit F11 again to exit edit mode. You should then see the override folder and UI.menu within it.

Post edited by mf2112 on
Sylvus_MoonbowGrammarsaladIllustairCrevsDaakVortakaJuliusBorisov

Comments