Skip to content

Health bars above avatars

Hello all, thanks in advance for the advices and help so far :-) I have an issue, I update Baldurs Gate 2 Enhanced Edition today and I notice that when I am in combat a health bar appears above the avatars, of my group and to my enemies. How can I stop that? I dont like this health bars, any solution?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited April 2016
    From the gameplay or graphics options. Toggle health bars off. You may need to save/quit the game and restart it again and load your save, though.
    Post edited by lunar on
  • Eltharion1979Eltharion1979 Member Posts: 92
    Thank you very much, Ill check it.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Your welcome. It is in the graphics options, precisely, 'show health bars' option. I hate it too, it makes the game feel like a real time strategy. I toggled it off.

You may also toggle off 'grayscale on pause' too, when you pause the game it sucks the life out of it by turning everyting gray. Makes it impossible to capture nice screenshots. There are also other options like sprite outlines, which cause slow down in some old systems, so I turned it off too.
  • ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    It really felt like playing Warcraft 3 indeed, but it's actually pretty nice on bosses, though somewhat visually aggressive against large groups of enemies.
  • iavasechuiiavasechui Member Posts: 274
    ...if i turn them off and hold tab over the enemies will it still say things like nearly dead or uninjured? because I will be very sad if that is gone.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    I like them.

@iavasechui holding tab still shows that info with the healthbars on or off.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212

...if i turn them off and hold tab over the enemies will it still say things like nearly dead or uninjured? because I will be very sad if that is gone.

Should still be there.