Skip to content

Cannot finish downloading/installing the game

JonnecyJonnecy Member Posts: 56
So, after the Beamdog client wouldn't even let me download the game I went to the SoD site and downloaded the installer. after downloading the 3,7gigs (which I assume are the base game + the expansion, patched ?) for half a day at horrendous download speeds it now stopped doing anything at 3,7gb. restarting the installer resulted in it getting stuck at "retrieving download information".

so, what do I do now ? give up on the game ? I am certainly not going to try and download it again.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited April 2016
    It does nothing at all, or just an incredibly pitiful download rate like 60B/S or something? I had the latter (being at 3,7/3,7GB downloaded with laughable download rate) and figured that it's maybe just some validation file or something that's not updated. I tried just launching the game, and sure enough, it worked. Try running SiegeOfDragonspear.exe directly. It's in your installation folder\Baldur's Gate Siege of Dragonspear\Data\00806
  • JonnecyJonnecy Member Posts: 56
    edited April 2016
    It says "The program can't start because OpenAL32.dll is missing from your computer". It crashes immediately when trying to launch it via the beamdog client.

Edit: trying to let to installer repair the game didn't do anything.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Guess you're stuck waiting for Canadian working hours then when they'll hopefully do something about the downloads. Bummer, was hoping what worked for me was a solution that would work for others too.
    well, I am not going to download it again at B/s speeds. they either hotfix it or I am done with the game.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Frankly, after buying and dowloading from Beamdog BGEE, BGEE 2 and IWD this is by far the worst launch of a game in both bugs and dowloading problems.

edited April 2016
    helmo1977 said:

Frankly, after buying and dowloading from Beamdog BGEE, BGEE 2 and IWD this is by far the worst launch of a game in both bugs and dowloading problems.

yes, it is a bloody disaster and outright enraging. this is not how I had planned an spening my day off. customer support both in and outside of the forums giving a damn sh** is not helping either.
    and if I were to ask for a refund, well, no chance of getting a reply or an actual refund any time soon.
    at long last I have found a fix for the missing game sound. I took a file "OpenAL32.dll" from a folder "00766" and placed in the folders "Data" and "00806" of the SoD folder structure. no idea why that worked, all the other OpenAL32 files I had tried didn#t work.
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    By Helm it is finished! Let the adventure begin!