Skip to content

Add different color to each members group...

AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
edited September 2012 in Site Resources
As part of the community I think it would be a good idea to add a selection on the forum where not everyone has the same color.

This is just my option it get's kinda confusing I understand I'm new here I do not know who is moderator, admin, donor etc....

is there a way to make it too show colors on their profile and what type of group they are in too...
Add a section on the main site at the bottom of the page to list a color group what each one is for....
Add color to the user profile also.....

I hope this makes since....

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited September 2012
    That's a good idea. Perhaps show the role badges to the right of usernames?

For now, you can see what everyone is by going to their profile and looking at "Roles" (it's at the top, above the four big numbers for Promote/Insightful/etc.). You can also look at the badges on the left side of their profile - the ones for devs, beta testers, and preorderers are very distinctive and don't look like spells. You can hover your mouse over each badge to see what it's for.

I know Tanthalas and Bhryaen moderate these forums, and you can usually tell who the devs are right away by the content of their posts. Hope this helps.
    Post edited by Jalily on
    Animeware
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    Jalily said:

That's a good idea. Perhaps show the role badges to the right of the usernames?

For now, you can see what everyone is by going to their profile and looking at "Roles" (it's at the top, above the four big numbers for Promote/Insightful/etc.). You can also look at the badges on the left side of their profile - the ones for devs, beta testers, and preorderers are very distinctive and don't look like spells. You can hover your mouse over each badge to see what it's for.

Tanthalas moderates these forums, and you can usually tell who the devs are right away by the content of their posts. Hope this helps.

Under there username when they post a subject it will list them as Admin, Donor, etc. show what type of rank they are in.....

Admin - Boulder's Gate Legend I'm just giving an example :)
    Donor - Boulder's Gate Donor
    Standard Member - Members

When I'm looking at your username without clicking on your profile it's all yellow icon to me I just cannot tell by which group you are in or anyone i'm so new to this tread I been to a lot of treads a lot of them have groups like i've meation above.

I hope this makes since to everyone I tried to explain it the best of my ability and also help support the site..
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I understand what you're saying. I just think miniature badges next to the name would be a more efficient use of space, especially in topic lists. You could still hover your mouse to learn what they are, and after a brief time, you'll be able to recognize 3 or 4 icons much faster than reading.

The rest of my post was meant to help new posters in the meantime, as it takes awhile to get a response on this board.
    Animeware
  • AnimewareAnimeware Member Posts: 73
    I love it Jalily good Idea :)