Skip to content

Custom sound changes?

JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
Hey, folks. I was just wondering if any changes had been made to the way the game handles custom soundsets? I've imported by custom soundsets, as well as my own charsnd.2da, and the soundsets aren't playing properly. This is in BG1EE v 2.0.62.2. SOD is not yet installed.

Thanks much for any information that could help me diagnose the problem.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Apart from the selection sounds, my custom BG:EE soundsets work fine. The selection sounds do play when previewed though. Tested in SoD.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Yeah, upon further testing, it does seem like everything but the selection sounds is working.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    edited April 2016
    Judging by the two new soundsets in SoD, it seems the expanded ones from BGII (with In Dungeon, Daytime, Spell Disrupted etc.) can now be implemented. Is this correct or is it exclusive to those sets?
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Every soundset I've tried had the problem, including renamed versions of the original BG1 soundsets.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited April 2016
    I'm seeing the same @Silverstar I can get the acknowledgement sounds to play but not much else.

I've matched everything with where it needs to go in the newly reordered charsnd.2da too. Can't get selected sounds to work for anything though everything seems correct. Bored, reactions to death and such didn't seem to be working either. Battle1,2,3 I can get.

Not sure what's going on.

I opened a redmine issue for this:
    http://redmine.beamdog.com/issues/22699
    Post edited by smeagolheart on