Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Failure to Launch

Beamdog is making me lose faith in humanity. With the high quality low cost scalable web services available today there is no reason for a game launch to have the issues SoD has experienced. I started downloading yesterday shortly after release, expecting some slow performance but thinking it would be done by the time I got off work SEVEN HOURS LATER. Boy was I wrong. The client had locked up after downloading less than 10% of the game. It locked up three more times before it got to 25%. By some miracle it did not lock up over night last night, however, even after running for 12 straight hours it has still not managed to download a measly 3.7 GB game. When I woke up it was running at <100 b/s (not kb/s, and yes, I have p2p turned on).

Beamdog, you need to get your act together. I regret purchasing the game directly from you because if I had purchased on Steam or through another source I would have been able to play SoD by now. I appreciate what you do and I want to support you but you make it difficult when you don't have the resources necessary to handle distribution of your products. I hope SoD is worth the wait.