Skip to content

Safana's Special Ability

JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
edited September 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Is it being changed from Charm Animal to Charm Person?
That is the question I present to thee

Comments

• ryu1ryu1 Member Posts: 76
    Perhaps it will be Charm Animal/Person ^_^
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Ah I totally forgot about this!
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    I think Safana has more than one "special ability." ;-)
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Like her proficiency in Spears, no? :P (that sounded kinda ambiguous... but it IS true, she has a + in Spears that normally she cannot use)
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Never played with her. None of the rogues that appear seem to be an upgrade from Imoen, although Coran's *** in bows might make him worth bringing along. Didn't know about that gem before the forums here...
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    @Cheesebelly Having proficiency in bludgeoning weapons would have been much more appropriate. I'm sure she knows her way around a staff. :P
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560

Never played with her. None of the rogues that appear seem to be an upgrade from Imoen, although Coran's *** in bows might make him worth bringing along. Didn't know about that gem before the forums here...

Coran is hands down the best ranged NPC. For pure DPS, I'd say he's far better than Imoen and rivals Kivan.

He starts with 20 DEX and by late game you ca get him to High Mastery (****) in Long Bows.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Is that legal? I thought multiclass fighters were only allowed to specialize.
    @Brude

Nooooooo let's not do this, there's already a thread dedicated entirely to Coran vs Kivan.

Let's talk about Safana's skills with a shaft and her bestiality charm ability.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    It's not a legal thing. It's a special ability or somesuch.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited September 2012

Like her proficiency in Spears, no? :P (that sounded kinda ambiguous... but it IS true, she has a + in Spears that normally she cannot use)

That must be a joke. But it was fixed :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

So which would be the most fitting: charm animal? charm person? charm male person?
    Aosaw said:

Is that legal? I thought multiclass fighters were only allowed to specialize.

It's not allowed by PCs, but the developers frequently broke the rules for NPCs (eg: Kagain's 20 CON, Haer'Daelis' weapon prof specializations, etc).

So which would be the most fitting: charm animal? charm person? charm male person?
    There's some mod (aTweaks?) that changes her ability to 'Flirt,' which I think works the same way as Charm person.
  • HexHammerHexHammer Member Posts: 288
    Always hated the fact that Safana was inferior to Imo', no real reason to drag that sulty woman along other than her taunts ..........................which I shamefully did! ><
    HexHammer said:

Always hated the fact that Safana was inferior to Imo', no real reason to drag that sulty woman along other than her taunts ..........................which I shamefully did! ><</p>

Yeah that is a little annoying. Imoen was the last implemented NPC though, before she was implemented all the available thieves were fairly balanced. Then comes along Imoen and blows them all out of the water and to make things worse she can be dualled to mage. Ugh.

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Safana is just plain awesome, I believe she has the highest Charisma stat out of all the NPCs besides Ajantis (albeit a useless stat) It would be nice if her special ability was somehow tied to charisma in which giving her more charisma makes her stronger.

She is ONE sexy devil ;)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Safana does show up in ToB, and then dies. She and Coran are hanging out in the forest around Suldanesselar and she's in bed with some wolfweres or werewolves, and is out to kill your party (after hooking up with Coran, apparently). Coran asks for your help in getting them out of there, and when the Werewolves see you and Coran together, they freak, thinking Safana duped them, and kill her. Coran doesn't survive the fight, either.
    edited September 2012
    @LadyRhian

I could sworn it was a little different than that. It happens in SoA, in the Forest of Tethir perhaps? Doesn't Safana convince a load of werewolves to attack you because there's a bounty on your head or simply because you're the child of Bhaal? And Coran doesn't die if you kill them all quickly enough, which I think I've done pretty much every single time. What is really annoying though is both Safana and Coran during that encounter have about 10 hit points each. Lame.
    @jaxsbudgie Maybe that was it... I know I was very disappointed, but I remember that Coran wasn't in on it. And you couldn't invite him to join the party. :P
    @LadyRhian Yeah, afterwards he's like "cool, thanks for saving my life, can't believe Safana, what a bitch, well ... bye now!" or something to that effect.
    @jaxsbudgie ::Rolls eyes.:: That was *very* disappointing.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited September 2012
    Maybe the charm animal ability is subtly insinuating the safana isn't that picky?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    HexHammer said:

Always hated the fact that Safana was inferior to Imo', no real reason to drag that sulty woman along other than her taunts ..........................which I shamefully did! ><</p>

She keeps the sleeping bag nice and warm on those cold rainy nights in the wilderness...if you know what I mean... know what I mean? yea. I know what I mean. Ok then!

• Lord_GayLord_Gay Member Posts: 94
    I assumed it was a reference to the kind of partner she likes, and attracts. No milquetoast for her, she wants leather and DANGER in bed. I see her as a biker chick, hardcore, who wants a strong partner.

"...I'm a beast, I'm an animal, I'm that monster in the mirror..."