Skip to content

Scale User Interface or not

M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
Which option do you guys use? Scaled or not.

I personally have mixed feelings about it. I prefer not to scale, but then the inventory and other windows look too small.
  1. Scale User Interface or not33 votes
    1. Scale User Interface - Not checked
      27.27%
    2. Scale User Interface - Checked
      72.73%

Comments

• PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    My Windows device has an insane resolution on a 12 inch screen, so the UI s basically unusable without scaling. I really wish there would be a slider we could use instead of a switch to determine degree – otherwise it's a choice between a blurry looking UI or a tiny one for users like me.
  • M0tanM0tan Member Posts: 61
    @Purudaya Yes, you are right. An option to scale based on percentage would be great.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    The reason I use it - with scaling on it feels much closer to what I used to see on my CRT a decade ago. Also, I play on max zoom-in at 1920x1080 24 inch monitor - I like pixels :)
    lansounet
    Without Scale User Interface the game looks quite close to POE (except the windows of course) and that's why I like it. It's clear and without pixels.

I also played the original BG and BG2, back in 1998, on CRT monitor with pixels... but I grew out of that world. I like my graphics a bit more polished now.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    I use it, but it's a cesspool of bugs. For instance if you alt-tab and come back into the game, scrolling speed is set back to its minimum until restart

I use it, but it's a cesspool of bugs. For instance if you alt-tab and come back into the game, scrolling speed is set back to its minimum until restart

So, it means we should not use it :)
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    I'm quite surprised that most people scale the interface on PC tbh... You can still zoon in quite far when its unscaled, and the UI looks much cleaner imo, especially the SoD one
    @Excalibur_2102 I agree with you. It looks much cleaner and you can indeed zoom. My only issue is the windows like inventory, character etc. are too small. If those would be a bit bigger, it would be perfect.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

I'm quite surprised that most people scale the interface on PC tbh... You can still zoon in quite far when its unscaled, and the UI looks much cleaner imo, especially the SoD one

I like all the extra view I get from unscaled, but it really bothers me how I can only have 6 party members when there's obviously place for 10 or 12 all of a sudden! Also all my lovely custom portraits get a bit too small I think.

The game is enjoyable either way, but I still prefer scaled. I'm very glad we have options in the matter, a good many things in the EEs have not been that gracious.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You can always go with windowed mode or set your desktop to a lower resolution.

But yes, the buttons are hideously small...
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    lroumen said:

You can always go with windowed mode

No.
    lroumen said:

or set your desktop to a lower resolution.

Heresy! :O
    Ardul
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    On my PC at 1920x1080 I don't scale the UI, it looks just the right size for me. On my macbook pro with a retina display I need the scaled UI or else it is way too small to use (almost the entire map can fit on the screen when zoomed all the way out).

I too would love if the scaled UI had a slider instead of a checkbox, but I think the actual scaling is does at the source code level so it can't be modded (except by Beamdog) :frowning: