Skip to content

what happend to the frame rate?

megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
the game is going very slowly for some reason. this seems to be a bg1 problem as bg2 runs like it normally does with out any lag. it seems the patch may have done something to the graphics settins as it says i have direct x 9 whitch is not true i have 11 and bg2 says what it should say with open gl 3.0.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In Options > Graphics, if you scroll down the list of options, is "Alternate Renderer" enabled? If it is, try disabling it.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    in the graphics settings there is a button to activate an "alternate renderer" which activates directx rendering instead of openGL (this may be better on some drivers / chips). might be this is active in your setup and should be disabled (like in BG2:EE)?
  • AllurenAlluren Member Posts: 7
    I have the same problem. Frame rate seems to be locked at 30 (even if I have the feeling its 15/20 in game, awfull). I tried to change it in baldur.ini (like before the update) and baldur.clua but it doesn't change a thing
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    that fixed it thanks.
    I tried to disable alternate renderer and it's still 30 fps locked
    Problem resolved. In fact I had to quit and launch the game again but with alternate renderer disabled. Thanks guys !
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    @Alluren: do you want to play intentionally at higher speeds than normal (like many do)? Then it would be a baldur.lua thing, but i don't know the details about that yet, sorry.

Or do you have the impression the rendering is stuttering, dropping frames, slow down significantly under 30fps? then it would be a renderer / driver problem that may solve with a graphics cards driver update or fiddling with the settings like described above.
  • WhiteAgnusWhiteAgnus Member Posts: 112
    You'll have to add SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Maximum Frame Rate','60') to your baldur.lua, if you want to play at 60 fps... ;)
    The only thing that "stuck" me was the fact that i though disabling alternate renderer didn't need a reboot. Now i can enjoy the game again ^^
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    now i'm having another weird frame rate issue. whenever spells are casted it just dips for no good reason. sod should not have raised the system specs that much i mean sure i have an intergrated card but the game ran fine before.