Skip to content

Dwarves of Dumathoin Bug (Spoilers)

Quest spoilers ahead.

During the quest Dwarves of Dumathoin quest in Chapter 8, you have the option of siding with the dwarf clerics against the lich Coldhearth, or killing them for their amulets to support him. I'm playing an evil party, so obviously I murdered the clerics. The bug is with the turn-in reward.

He offers you an item of great power. When attempting to turn in the quest, most of the options indicate that he should be giving you the item. Then, several party members chime in that you'll soon be fighting the Shining Lady, and he offers to aid you. Despite the dialogue indicating he already gave you your reward item, he never does.

There IS an option to actually get the item, but doing so requires playing hardball until he finally agrees to give it to you instead of helping you in the future. If you ask him to aid you in this tree, he will agree, but no party members comment. Asking for both rewards at this point leads to combat.

It seems like you're supposed to get both rewards if you pick certain options initially, but the item is never given. I haven't progressed to the point where he's supposed to help you, so I'm not sure if there are any issues with that.

Anyone experience this?

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Inconnu

Hum. I've got the dialog up at this point and you're absolutely right, it looks like an item is supposed to be given in several parts of this dialog but I see nothing.

Can you tell me what item it is you can eventually get? I'm having a hell of a hard time tracking this one through the documentation and test cases.
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016
    It's Dread Hammer +2.

to get it, you need to say:

1. I have the amulets you wanted
    1. I'm happy you're happy
    3. These weren't easy to get
    3. I want everything I was promised, and more...
    2. Better a treasure in hand...

I'm a hammer-wielding kensai, so this would be a nice one for me ;)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Yea, file a bug on the public tracker on this one. Provide the conversation path required to get to one of the points where he says "yea, here's your item" but doesn't give the item
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    Done, thanks for the assistance. Hopefully it'll be easy to correct.