Skip to content

The game is not downloadable

Twice now I have gotten the percentage to 60+ and each time I have left to do something (work) the client froze. Upon restarting the client I am back at 19%. I don't want to go through with it a third time. Is there a place where I can ask for a refund? Maybe I'll buy it GOG at some point but I have had enough of this for now.

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    You can put a support ticket in, I don't know what the refund policy is.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    I have the gog version and can confirm that works... is a large 2 g (ish) patch so have you tried temp setting your anti-virus turned off?
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Oh, Windows, Mac and Linux on all 3 platforms (Beamdog, Steam and GoG) Definitely works to be downloaded/installed...we have literally hundreds of people playing the games at this point.

Yes, there have been issues with the Beamdog Client and downloads and yes, the client has had the problems described by the OP...plenty of threads in this forum identifying the same problem. Many many people have eventually been successful downloading SoD from the Beamdog Client and I've heard of no issues with either Steam or GoG Clients other than a report here and there of slow downloads.

There are generally 2 recommendations in this case with regard to the BeamDog client:
    * Restart the Client/Computer (which I assume has been done several times)
    * Remove all local content for the game as well as the status and beam files related to that game (803 I believe) from the local directories and try again after restarting the client.

It's unlikely that the OP, who seems extremely frustrated, will be willing to go through that headache.

There's also the possibility (I think?) of obtaining a steam key from Customer Support as well, but again, i'm not sure the OP is willing to go through with that.
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    As of 7am GMT this game downloaded at full speed. I suspect everyone has it now so servers are free.

I pre-ordered this on first day of release and have just gone in-game today!! Yeah!
  • madmaximusmadmaximus Member Posts: 140
    Same here, magically bumped up to 1mbs. I did a little dance and everything.